RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike (2005 z750s) had been standing for about 18 months but started and run every now and then. Was cranking but not starting so new battery went in yesterday and the bike started and ran fine. Then today running out in the wet weather (here in England) I parked it up and when i tried to start it up, I didnt wait for the needles to complete their sweep and get back into place, i've done it and not done it in the past with no negative effects.
Today pressing the starter turned off the lights and 'switched' off the clocks with a kind of click/electrical noise.
Switch off and try again. same result. So bump started the bike. Ran fine.
Stopped again 20 mins later, same procedure. This time trying to start it switched off all lights terminally. I changed the main fuse. and lights are back on. bump started it and went home. At home took the battery out and put it back in, checked the fuse which i thought had blown and it was fine... left the bike standing, possibly wiggled the wires down by the starter motor (was trying to work out their routing). and the bike starts.

Am thinking poss wet/starter motor problem.
The starter motor was hot when i got home but then it sits just behind the engine... should it be hot?
When it works the bike starts after within a second or so...
kind of worried as I've just had to pay for insurance and the yearly test of condition (called the MOT here) nothing came up and it was starting fine even after half an hour riding along in the cold and wet.

Anything else I should check?
Thanks.
SC

·
Registered
42 Posts
hallo there chap it sounds like starter mottor try cleaning the starter motor with electrical cleaner or some sort tht dnt work sounds like starter motor brushes av gona
the clicking noise will be yr starter solinoid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts