RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently swapped to stainless braided lines on the front, and there is a bit of false information that I read on other forums that lead me to believe that I would have increased braking power and I had to be careful not to launch myself over the bars. Well, there is increased power, but not until you get into the "panic zone" of the lever. For the most part, the ss lines make it easier to determine how much power you are giving the brake, that the lever input becomes more linear instead of the abruptness of the rubber lines. I still use 2 fingers and it's a more user-friendly braking feel, but it is not going to launch you over the bars as soon as you apply the front brake.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I dont know who told you that it would launch you over the handlebars:killingme

I have ss lines on all my bikes, they greatly improve feel, better stopping times, look nice, they are well worth the money as you also have none of the brake fading feel that you get with rubber lines.

You really wanna stop good gets some wave rotors with them and a good set of pads then if you want you could flip over the handlebars:eek:

Also you should have brake feel imediately when you apply brake lever force, if you dont you still have air in the lines, all mine are nice and tight as soon as I hit them, response is right there.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might try to bleed them a little more, maybe I'm not at full power. I just got some speedbleeders in the mail but haven't put them on yet. With the stock bleeders, I opened up both sides without bubbles and did it again just to be sure. Then I let it sit overnight with the lid off the reservoir, supposedly that helps air get released out the top as well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Make sure you bleed from the caliber farthest away from the resivor, and you can tap on the calibers with the end of a screw driver too, sometime air gets stuck in there, It is a pain bleeding them, I usually think I have it all good then go for a ride and come home, and just to check them again and I still have a bit of air left, then I am good to go.

Does your resivor have a bleeder on it also, if it does make sure you get that one too,

Good luck, you should notice alot of difference

I just noticed you have galfer ss lines(from your sig) they make great stuff, thats what I run to, along with there rotors and pads

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am new to this forum and have a simple question. About how much does it cost to outfit a bike and do you do front and back brakes. Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am new to this forum and have a simple question. About how much does it cost to outfit a bike and do you do front and back brakes. Thanks, Bill
It cost me $90 for the front lines and $50 for the back. I ordered it from Motosport.com, seemed to be the best prices and with the ASV lever it was free 2nd day shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts