RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who think a bike with over 20K miles is a "high-mileage" bike... I give you my friend Jared, who just put 200K on his 2004 CBR 600 F4i and is still going!

The video is pretty cool...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs8I8fYNNG0

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow. This makes me wanna go on a road trip! I have been thinking about riding over to the Pacific coast hwy.. That's not far from Tennessee right? lol

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
That is some serious mileage regardless of it being a bike. 200,000 miles in 6 years is over 33,000 miles a year. Nice to know the engine can handle it even though only 1 percent will ever get there.

·
Registered
746 Posts
That is some serious mileage regardless of it being a bike. 200,000 miles in 6 years is over 33,000 miles a year. Nice to know the engine can handle it even though only 1 percent will ever get there.
Even 1% seems to high. 200k holy shaatt

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I own a 2003 Honda Element and I just turned 250,000 miles on it... 210,000 were in the last 4 years! I can't imagine putting the same miles on my bike... makes me saddle sore thinking about it.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Good stuff. Jared is a member at VFRDiscussion.com, where I waste (er, I mean "spend") a ton of time. He posted up the news, the video and some pix over there a few days ago.

200k mi. on any machine is a lot, and especially on a bike IMO. Makes the 55k mi. mark on my '04 VFR seem kind of lame! :swink:

·
Registered
929 Posts
now my 26k on my '03 Z1K seems small in the 2 1/2 yrs I have owned it

·
Registered
98 Posts
ive got 183k on my 04 Honda Civic cage.....and it's had no problems yet

*knocks on wood*

as far as the motorcycle.....

only 2800 miles this year :(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Approaching 17K on my '06 650R. Probably going to trade her by Spring though - so I don't ever expect to get tons of miles on ANY bike. 200K - wow! I'm impressed.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
does mileage drop the value considerably as well...(like cars)

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does mileage drop the value considerably as well...(like cars)
Yes, but generally it isn't a major factor in used bike sales as most people don't rack up a lot of miles on a bike unless it is a commuter.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I watched the video too. Thats like 8 laps around the world in 6 years. Some serious riding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts