RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the 2012 650R, trying to lower it with some sport bars( or anything else), anybody have any suggestions of ones that will work for sure? Also maybe a fender eliminator kit or anything else you would suggest doing to it?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I don't know if I'd do a fender eliminator on the 2012. It seems the tail is shorter than the earlier models. Even slight puddles or dampness on the road are gonna leave you roosted. Unfortunately, the Ninja 650 is not a frontline bike so it takes a little while for the after market to catch up.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Are the bars 7/8"? Why not just go with some Renthals or Bikemasters

Renthals will def clear everything, Bikemasters should too unless you get the drag bars

Also you can get riser clip ons... Woodcraft makes 3" risers, those should be pretty much right at where the sport bars would be. Apex makes super adjustable riser clip ons which also would mount where the sport bars would be. Both prob cost what sport bars will cost with way more adjustability. Personally I never got the hoopla of sport bars once I saw what other cheaper + more adjustable options there were out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, bout to look that stuff up right now, also I just made my own fender eliminator out of the orginal, worked out well and I think it looks good, only cost me two bucks in some bolts and nuts. Let me know how you think it looks.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Looks good. Is there a way you could angle the plate a little? It looks like once you are sitting on the bike, the plate will be really close to the back tire. If you angle the plate up a little it will also act as a mud deflector and would be visually smaller.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol, yea I was just thinking the same thing while looking at the pic, I will definitly angle it more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, bout to look that stuff up right now, also I just made my own fender eliminator out of the orginal, worked out well and I think it looks good, only cost me two bucks in some bolts and nuts. Let me know how you think it looks.
any details om how u did it would be awesome

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ended up going for it and doing it myself. Bought an "L" bracket from the hardware store and put a sunday to good use. The entire tail piece comes out with some work. Kept the turn signals and blinkers and license plate light, but pretty much took out the rest. I used the existing pre-fab brackets from the license plate. Looks much cleaner I think. Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light Vehicle Automotive exterior Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
can you show only your bracket ? with nothing on it ? or give plan on how to do it ?? thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
The bracket goes into the space left by removing the tail piece. There are a few screws that are removed from under the seat cowling area. I will try to snap a few pics. It was really a figure it out as you go kind of deal...not a expert by any means. I do think it came out pretty clean and similar to to any "tail/fender eliminator" kit you could buy...save some cash and do it yourself!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey whats up all. i just bought my ninja kawasaki 650, i was going to buy fender eliminator kit for it but its too expensive, so i somehow ended up on this page, great stuff here. any tips how i can customize the fender eliminator kit myself instead of buying it for over $100.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.