RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Soon!

That is all.
CrimsonCloak, post some pictures as soon as you can so we can see what these new bars loook like. I just purchased the other sport bars just in January :mecry: would you allow some credit toward the new bars that are due out soon? :confuse: Let us know. :D

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will work on a return customer program. I'm thinking a credit for traded in bars might work. They are still a great improvement over stock, and many people would be interested in buying a used set for a fair price.

·
Registered
521 Posts
AAAHHH man! How can you tease us like that!!! I also just got the sport bars and depending on what the new one look like would, for sure, be interested some kind of trade-in/credit something or other.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is going to be huge.

We took all the input from the forums and buyers over the last year and made some serious changes. We added one major feature that many of you have been asking for, made installation much easier, and that is just the beginning. We will be able to produce these new bars in much larger batches than the old design to help get them into more people's hands. And we went ahead and made them bling-a-licious.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sounds like it's a good thing I have been waiting to buy new bars. I thought I may not even change the bars so I can stop spending any more money on the bike.....Just when I thought that BAM, new bars hype. Thanks Crimson........(My wife says thanks too)

P.S Thanks for the return slip with my last order, I'm dropping that hugger off at UPS tomarrow, be on the lookout.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Will the new bars still only be available in black or will these have a silver to match up with the 07 frames?? I am sure a couple of us would like that as well instead of just black bars

·
Registered
136 Posts
+1 on the silver

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are they going to be in the same general price range as the original sport bars or something totally different...i think you should just let the cat out of the bag and give some specs and details! haha

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Alright here are some details for you folks.

Introductory pricing will be $129.99, which is the same as the current bars. After the initial shipment (probably about 2 weeks) the price will be $139.99.

The Sport Bar 2.0 adds the following features:

Accepts your stock Bar ends *or* aftermarket style Bar ends.
The Choice is yours!

Includes Billet Aluminum Bar Clamp with Ninja Logo.
Bling!
Replaceable black powder coated handlebar tubes.
Crash repair is easy, and the angle of your controls is infinitely adjustable making installation much easier!

Clip-on Look and Feel.
More Bling! Hayabusa style mounting system looks sportbike serious.

For colors initially they will all be gloss black powdercoat, or natural aluminum. You can buy the natural version if you want to powdercoat or anodize them a custom color. Other colors will be considered later, but the fastest easiest way for everyone to get the color they want is going to be to buy a natural set and have your local coater/anodizer take care of it. They will be easy to polish as well if you are wanting ultimate bling.

As for a trade in program, I will be issuing a $20 credit to anyone who has purchased Sport Bars from us in the past. This can be used in conjunction with the introductory special...so on the initial pre-order returning customers can receive up to $30 off!

I'll get the item in the store shortly, with pictures to follow.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
thats a pretty good idea. very clean install.

only drawback from 1.0 or SM bars is that you cant angle the bars up or down by twisting them in the clamp like you could before.

but you can replace the individual bars on the new ones, so no doubt better for racers!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We built the same amount of droop into the clamps as the Woodcraft clipons use. It's aggressive and feels natural.

·
Registered
324 Posts
WOW they look amazing!

so do i get that right, nothing has to be changed in order to accept those clip-ons?

could you make some pictures of someone sitting on it from a farther distance?
like you, so you can see the whole bike.

and it doesnt hit anything anywhere?
enough space on tank, fairing etc?

you really put some thought into it =)

greetz Ben

1 - 20 of 425 Posts