RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about adding a spin on oil filter. Anyone seen any good ones? I'm sure mounting would be no problem, The oil cooler is right there in front and it would be no problem to add the lines in, and changing the filter would be one heck of a lot easier...

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Would that upset the engineered flow of oil through system ? What would you do with the oil filter in place now ? What happens to that cavity if there is no filter there ?

Granted, having a spin off right there would be great. What a mess changing the filter is now. But I just don't see how it's possible. I could only see a second filter in front by cooler, but that would slow the flow, and, you'd still have change both filters anyhow.

This is a great question, Martin. I'd love to see a real solution to this.

Tony

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
So Martin, any new ideas on the Linda Blair oil filter, or were you just kidding ?

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I'm serious. I just haven't had the time to play with the idea for a while. I won't get any "garage time" until next week-end.

·
Gold Member/Community Dad
5,742 Posts
Wonder if you could make an adapter for a Spin-Off oil filter were the current oil filter housing sits now. The housing uses an O-ring like a spin on filter, it would be tucked away neatly. It couldn't be too wide because you need to grasp it to get off the tight ones - or a wider one could be used with one of those 'nuts' on the end so you could use a regular wrench to get it off.

What comes to mind is the Oil Filter Adapter attached to the side of the engine from a big-block Ford (390,etc..). Imagine you'd have to design the adapter for oil flow direction, etc.. Yikes!

Berto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts