RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm scavenging parts off of my friends 636, I plugged in and tested his gauge pod today and it works so I'm going to do the swap. Where can I get a speado healer and approximately how much do they cost? Does it just plug inline with the harness? How about setting up the 636 speado afterwards, is it difficult and what does it require? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I see BRP has a speado healer for $85. Anyone make a panel to fill the rest of the gap thats left from the 650'as larger pod? If so what did you use?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
a few people have made gauge bezel panels, from sheet plastic stock custom cut to fit

I am not sure the speedotuner BRP sells will work for the swap, you probably need the healtech speedohealer.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

all the indicator lights will work on the gauge, but there will be no temp readout.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Also when setting up the speedohealer, you will need to take into account your gearing and if you have changed tire size. Most people who do the gauge swap will be able to simply use the correction calculator provided on heal-tech's website, but for others who have changed gear ratios like myself, the easiest and most accurate way to get a proper correction is to obtain an actual speed reading versus shown speed, using a gps of some sort. This whole process sounds a bit much, but in reality it's very easy to do. I zip-tied my unit to the subframe in the tail on the left hand side, and just ran the harness to the needed connection. Plug in, calibrate, play. Simple as that :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, Cefosky who's bike is that you posted a pic of? I'm interested in a couple of the mods I see on there and have some questions. Oh and that website doesn't work, but ill Google the company name.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Thanks for the info, Cefosky who's bike is that you posted a pic of? I'm interested in a couple of the mods I see on there and have some questions. Oh and that website doesn't work, but ill Google the company name.
thats longbrake's bike, long gone and sold years ago.

I had the 636 gauge as well, and it fit a lot better with catalyst fairings and the vortex bracket

1 - 7 of 7 Posts