RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
How are you going to keep it on the seat? You do know that it will put you higher on the bike so you better make sure your legs are long enough, plus you will be leaning more to reach the handlebars.

For a trip on the bike I wear padded bicycle shorts under my padded riding gear. Plus I have my seat modded by Spencer for added comfort. The few times that I have ridden in jeans have been uncomfortable because of all the seams. I guess that is why horse riding pants don't have rear pockets.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did a four hours ride on 650, you are right SanDiego it is not comfortable after two hours on the stock seat. And after three hours , it is painful. I was glad to get in to pool on reaching my destination.
I do not what the answer is .

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How are you going to keep it on the seat? You do know that it will put you higher on the bike so you better make sure your legs are long enough, plus you will be leaning more to reach the handlebars.

I'll put it in a bag. which I've already got this was design to go on a bike.
mmm do you think I'm going to inflate it to the hilt.:rolleyes:
I'll blow it up the same way as you do with a air hawk pad.
this could add any where between 1/2" to 1"
I'll experiment with it till I find the right combination.
for $14 it is better than paying $150 for a air hawk only to find out it is useless.
if every body think like you do we wouldn't get any where would we and we'll be like this little fella:dunno:

For a trip on the bike I wear padded bicycle shorts under my padded riding gear.

I bought a pair and it was even worse try walking around in them! I was walking like big john Wayne. I wore them for 40 miles took them off as soon as I went to the gents.total waste of money in my opinion $24.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts

I'll put it in a bag. which I've already got this was design to go on a bike.
mmm do you think I'm going to inflate it to the hilt.:rolleyes:
I'll blow it up the same way as you do with a air hawk pad.
this could add any where between 1/2" to 1"
I'll experiment with it till I find the right combination.
for $14 it is better than paying $150 for a air hawk only to find out it is useless.
if every body think like you do we wouldn't get any where would we and we'll be like this little fella:dunno:

For a trip on the bike I wear padded bicycle shorts under my padded riding gear.

I bought a pair and it was even worse try walking around in them! I was walking like big john Wayne. I wore them for 40 miles took them off as soon as I went to the gents.total waste of money in my opinion $24.
No problems man. I was just asking to see if you had thought through the whole process before wasting $14. We use thermo-rest self inflating pads for backpacking and motorcycle camping.

I would buy a sheepskin with gel insert before buying an Airhawk. I use a sheepskin pelt on my touring bike. Adds comfort plus keeps you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.

I agree that you don't want to walk around in the bicycle shorts, but then again I don't want to walk around in the leather pants either. I use that combination when I am going to put many hours in the saddle and only stop for fuel and food.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i'm nothing more than a day-tripper, maybe riding four hours max in a day, at least lately (since i retired dec 08).

over the nearly 13 yrs i've been riding i have had the bike away from home overnight maybe three times, max. LOL.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
i'm nothing more than a day-tripper, maybe riding four hours max in a day, at least lately (since i retired dec 08).

over the nearly 13 yrs i've been riding i have had the bike away from home overnight maybe three times, max. LOL.
Not everyone has the wanderlust Steve. I have camped in 24 different states and have travelled through many more. Now I am trying to travel by motorcycle to as many states as I can before I go. I do need to update my Avatar if I can remember where that website is.

It is hard to go west from here because the south central states are way too hot and when they are cool enough to travel through the continental divide is too cold. Might have to fly in and rent a bike to hit the western states.

As long as you enjoy riding it is all good. We rode 125 miles today to get lunch.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
twa, that's great!

actually, mrs sinsd and i travel as much as possible, but we drive or fly. in fact, we leave tomorrow on a driving trip to visit south dakota. we are taking her mom there for a reunion with her brothers and sisters in their hometown.

yep, it's whatever stirs your juices. just take the nike approach and do it.

i'll probably sell the vulcan after returning home. i rode it last sunday and it didn't give me anywhere near the thrill the ninja does.

i'm also eyeing the 2010 versys.....(sinsd drums fingers on computer desk top)

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
twa, that's great!

actually, mrs sinsd and i travel as much as possible, but we drive or fly. in fact, we leave tomorrow on a driving trip to visit south dakota. we are taking her mom there for a reunion with her brothers and sisters in their hometown.

yep, it's whatever stirs your juices. just take the nike approach and do it.

i'll probably sell the vulcan after returning home. i rode it last sunday and it didn't give me anywhere near the thrill the ninja does.

i'm also eyeing the 2010 versys.....(sinsd drums fingers on computer desk top)
That is too funny that you mentioned the Vulcan. I had typed something about asking you if you still ride it, but deleted it before I posted. After reading your post I had to scroll back up to see if it wasn't deleted. :killingme

I know what you are saying about the Versys. I need to find one that I can take an extended test ride on. I like that the GIVI luggage that fits the Ninja will work with the Versys. Of course you have to get new brackets though.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tested the air bag and I found it didn't improve comfort at all.
I removed it after 30 miles. I felt that I was rolling from one side to the other.
it just felt that I was about to slide off. let the air out again till it was very low but the bugger kept re inflating itself! yes I know it said in the ad self inflating. it certainly didn't do it for me as it did for the other guy.
well at least I now know that the air hawk may not be suitable for me.
once I removed the air bag I soon relies how comfy me seat is.
it probably it has all to do with me not riding my bike often enough and not enough fat on my ***.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts