RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried many times putting different foams and spacers behind the instrument cluster and nothing helped. Yesterday when playing around I noticed when looking over the instrument cluster when revving the engine that the buzz/rattle was coming from within the instrument cluster. The buzzing is coming from the piece of glass within the cluster that has the digital read out. That square piece of glass vibrates against the glass cover of the instrument cluster. I took the instrument cluster off and screwed the back off, gently opened it and put a ~4inch piece of foam on the bottom/inside of the front cover to press against the square piece of glass that has the digital reading. I used a black piece of foam because I figured it would be very slightly noticeable (which it is, about 2mm sticks up inside from the bottom but doesn’t even come close to the display and you could look right at it and never know). Put it all back together and …

NOOOOO MORE BUZZING!!!!
Finally I can hear the sweet sound of her purring lol

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
410 Posts
So that's what the buzzing is?!

I just had that piece off a few weeks ago to change out the LCD backlight colors. I swapped to green and it looks so much better on the green 650.

Well, since I'm taking apart the front end this weekend to retrofit my HID lights in, I guess I'll take a look at it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep, you nailed it. This worked for me today. Right on. Too bad you deleted the images from your original thread.

thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts