RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i sold my truck today and i thought you might want to know. it turned out someone liked my baby more than me and made me an offer i couldent refuse. now i have a new delemma i have to find a new truck asap. im thinking i want a 2door tahoe but i cant find any. so the question is if you could have a new car what would it be?

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Right now, I'd love to have a Winnebago or some other big RV just to get out of town and away from my job. Tom :rolleyes:

·
3,610 Posts
Seeing as I just bought a new '02 Nissan Altima, if I were to buy another car I'd probably look into getting a full-size SUV. The one that I like the most is the Cadillac Esclade. You can't go wrong with 345 horsepower built on a tested and true Chevy frame with the styling and luxury that's expected from a Cadillac. That thing just screams "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAY!!!"

As far as cars go, I'm in love with my Silver Altima!
Here's what she looks like....

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
the same one i already have, a honda civic hatchback! this thing rocks! it cost me about $11,000 brand new. the only maintenance has been a timing belt/water pump, brakes all around once, tranny oil twice and a radiator flush and fill along with regular oil changes and tune ups i do myself. i'll crack 108,000 miles by the end of the week and she still starts every time and runs great.

this little sweetie (esperanza) has hauled me everywhere for the last 4 1/2 years including from long island, new york to berkeley, ca, then roundabout up to vancouver,bc, out to utah and finally landing in san diego while carrying almost everything i own. it's made innumerable trips to the shawangunk mountians in upstate new york full of climning gear and plenty of trips to frozen vermont loaded with skis, snowboards and hung over friends.

honda's just run forever and hatchbacks have amazing carrying capacity. did you know you can lock a 9 foot longboard inside if you lay the seats back? where else can you get so much for so little?

my first love will always be the air cooled VW beetles i grew up with. unfortunately those old cars need more time and tlc than i can give them right now so i'm stuck on my honda hatchback. i have to make this one lat until the company comes to their senses and starts manufacturing them in the US again.

scott :)

Z

·
0 Posts
I agree with Scott....My wife and I have owned 7-Honda's from Civic hatchback to the Accord EX, and have never had any problems....Change the fluids/filters as scheduled and follow the service plan for valves, belts, pumps, etc....and they run forever....BUT....My wife and I have never felt any sort of emotional attachment to any car, UNTIL, we bought a 2002 VW Jetta....man, this car rocks!:cool: ....I look forward to driving it and make any excuse to drive it! :D We've never owned a VW, but the wife wanted something different than the Honda.....I caved in, because she is allowing me to buy another bike after the Jetta is paid off.....say it with me now! "Four more years, four more years, and then I get my new bike!":D ....can you say ST1300?

Ride Safe All!

Pete
:cool:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
pete, have to agree that VW's are nice. i considered a the golf when i bought the honda since it was the only other high quality hatchback available. also available in 4 door which would have been nice. german cars really handle well, makes my civic feel like a marshmallow. it must be the autobahn testing.

at the time i couldn't afford the extra money for both purchase and service costs. they also got considerably lower gas mileage. since then i've know 5 people who bought brand new VW's and all of tehm had problems. most covered under warranty, some very expensive ones that were not.

i've got a history with old VW's but the new ones seem a bit pricey; probably just a side effect of the fact that they're really a high end driving machine. but no doubt about it they are a total blast to drive!

scott :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone here is very desturbed i dont know how or where you found a pic like that of a big rig camper thingy. and since all of you seem to love VW so much have you ever driven a carrodo with a VR6 in it i was thinking of getting one of these for a while and saving to pay cash for the tahoe. those caddies are nice but itd be just like my truck and id be afrade to park it any where w/o checking it every half hour. thats why i got rid of my truck it got to be over the top with mods and every one was looking, and some of them not nicely cops among others so its time to grow up and start on a new ride and find out if i can keep it simple and clean but the more truckin i read the harder it is i guess ill have to throw out all those old mags and trade them for motercycle ones

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
By my guess, disturbed is a relevant thing among most of the membership here ... I don't get your point though? Tom :?

PS: those that own Caddy Escalades don't have to look out a window -- they are usually parked in a 2 or 3 door garage with the BMWs and Mercedes. By my best guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts