RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you have soft luggage out there, but here is an idea I came up with for a little security when I park the bike at work. I normally keep the bike covered, so my bags are pretty safe, but on rainy days or days when it is threating to rain I don't cover it, as I don't want to have to deal with a soaking wet cover. So when I leave the bike uncovered, I am concerned about leaving the bags on the bike, even though they are normally empty. My primary concern was that they might be snagged fairly quickly if someone happend to want them. So to make them a little more secure I went to Napa Autoparts and purchased a 7' long cable lock for a little over $8.00. I am able to run the cable under both passenger grab rails, through loops on the saddle bags and through my tank bag (the cable ends up not even touching the paint at all). The ends of the cable are too thick to run through the zippers on the bags, but with the lock I use for the cable I can keep one bag locked up by the zippers and have to deal with only one lock to secure all three of the bags. Obviously this is not a fool proof solution; if someone wants what is in the bags or the bags themselves all they have to do is cut the cable, or lock or just knife the bags, but I figure at least I have a little security over doing nothing, and the most I leave in the bag I will lock will be my motorcycle cover, that is slowly wearing out anyway.

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
Have you tried to run your bag straps under the seat? There may not be enough room, I've done it with other bikes in the past, but I haven't tried any with this one.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Martin64 said:
Have you tried to run your bag straps under the seat? There may not be enough room, I've done it with other bikes in the past, but I haven't tried any with this one.
Martin,
The attachement system on my bags only work over the seat, but I think other bags will work under the seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts