·
Registered
1,358 Posts
lol i figured youd link to the Ninja 1000

wonder if this will make kawasaki even remotely relevent in WSBK again

·
Registered
185 Posts
Allegedly the 2011 ZX10 WILL make that happen.

And I'm diggin the Burnt Orange of the 650 for next year.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Just speculating here, but I don't see a market large enough to have both a ZX10 AND a "Ninja 1000" AND a Z1000..... I bet it doesn't last.

·
Registered
414 Posts
^ I would agree.
Unfortunately.

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
damn... the burnt orange is my favorite color....

·
Registered
87 Posts
i dont see a difference between the z1000 and 1000.... dont know if im really supposed to but either way ide go ZX-10 WOOT WOOT (man I wish I could $14k on the ground one day)

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
For those of us that can't physically ride an SS bike for more than 20 miles without a break, the Ninja 1000 will be the perfect solution. Not everyone needs or wants a race bike to ride on the street.

I wish the would have gone with the 650R exhaust set up though. Need to have a place for my hard saddlebags for sport touring.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The zx10 will "last" obviously as we love our superbikes. The Ninja 1000 has sport touring capabilities and wind protection, which the z1000 lacks. Being built on the same frame as the z1000, and the same powerplant, the Ninja 1000 wasn't exactly a huge risk to bring to market. Unfortunately in the states, if one doesn't "last", I feel it will be the Z1000, which is sad because it's my favorite. I owned an 03, and hope to sell my Speed Triple to buy a new 2010.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I'm liking the Ninja 1000 much more, as it has the features I prefer, like the upright riding position. I suppose many others here might feel the same way.

I'm liking- Adjustable front and rear suspension, adjustable windscreen, larger fuel tank, solo seat, FOUR cylinders (great sound!).

I'm not too crazy about- the mirrors, dual exhaust, limited color choices (seems to be par for the course with Kawasaki), seat height is a little high, weight (503 lbs) is a little heavy.

I would love a 650 with that suspension, fuel tank and seat, and can I have it in green please?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts