RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and a happy 2018!!

I have acquired a 2001 ZR which was in a sorry state when I collected. So far I have changed the swing arm, front calipers, fork seals and some other bits and bobs and was feeling pretty confident about getting it to run and ride well. It had a problem with low down revs so I changed the air filter, spark plugs and thought I would remove the carbs and give them a clean..............I have just finished and was feeling pretty good about the whole thing until I looked on a Kawasaki parts guide and saw that some of the jets are different sizes Arrrghhh!
Please can some kind soul tell me how I i.d. the needles and the needle jet holders I believe 1&4 and 2&3 are the same also is cylinder 1 on the left if you are sitting on the bike?
I still have the cleaned carbs out of the bike wrapped in cellophane ready to install I just need to dismantle and ID those bits that are different and ensure I replace correctly, please please help!!

Cheers all

Derek (name changed to avoid embarrassment):swink:

·
Registered
417 Posts
The needles should have the code just under the pin head. Use flashlight and a magnifier lens if you don't see it . Don't remember about the holders, they probably would also have the code imprinted somewhere, however usually people don't change those. Yes, they should be different from 1 & 4 to 2 & 3. The reasons is the intake on 1 and 4, are slightly longer than 2 & 3.

If they are different from OEM, it is probably not significant.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the help, I have found a separate older thread with some pictures which also helped! Jeez, i'm glad I found that out Before I struggled putting them back in the bike!
Cheerio all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts