RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the stock exhaust but I'd like it to be a little louder. I know you can cut it down, but every instance I've seen people put the end caps back on, and I'd prefer not to do that. What I want to do is end up with a slash cut tip (with an angle that's perpendicular to the ground, ie completely vertical). But because I'm not exactly sure what the innards of the exhaust look like, I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish this. I don't really want to take much length off, because from what I've seen taking off more than a couple of inches makes the exhaust look weird.

So has anyone done it this way? I'm figuring you'd have to make some kind of internal cap so that the exhaust packing doesn't come out. Does anyone have any good pics of what the guts of the stock exhaust looks like? I could have sworn I saw someone did it in one of the pics threads, but I've been unable to find it.

Worse comes to worse I'll start cutting and figure it out. It's not too hard to find stock exhausts if I fudge it up too badly.

·
Registered
660 Posts
do a search there are plenty of threads about modifying stock exhaust.

and quite a few pictures out there of people that have slash cut the ends of there stock exhaust

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks NFS240sx, I swear I did a search for slash cut and that thread didn't come up. Or maybe I missed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts