RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer searching through the forums... I just put on a set of F&S strut covers so I could mount a set of hard bags. This means I had to loose my original sissy bar as it's made to mate up to the stock strut covers. Does anybody know of a sissy bar that will work with the F&S strut covers? Everything I've seen online appear to mate up to the stock covers.

What about one from another vulcan? Maybe a 1500 classic or nomad?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Have you looked at re-drilling holes & using some spacers to make the old SB fit?
Never had the stock bar, but have been doing some "cobling" w/HD brand bars/side plates-doable.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Original bar was an MC Enterprises one. Uses the 6mm holes and mounts to the top shock bolts. That doesn't slow me to move it to the 8mm holes. The angles are all wrong on it too - I'd have to bend it to make it fit. Thing is pretty beefy - not sure I could bend it...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm guessing this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer searching through the forums... I just put on a set of F&S strut covers so I could mount a set of hard bags. This means I had to loose my original sissy bar as it's made to mate up to the stock strut covers. Does anybody know of a sissy bar that will work with the F&S strut covers? Everything I've seen online appear to mate up to the stock covers.

What about one from another vulcan? Maybe a 1500 classic or nomad?
emelosh, I also put on some F&S strut covers on my meanie yesterday, I have the MC Enterprise back rest and it mounts up fine. I do have to get longer bolts to mount it with so heading to get those on Sunday, but I also had the MC Enterprise luggage rack and that won't fit...
F&S Lugg Rack 2.jpg MC Enterprise Back Rest.JPG

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
The Kawasaki backrest is mounted in place of any strut covers, and is flat to allow saddlebags. Might not be helpful for your situation, but someone else who is considering saddlebags and only has the OEM strut covers might want to go this route.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ChiTownKaw - how did you get the sissy bar to fit? Did you use the 6mm bolts to attach the strut covers? I took the 8mm bolts out and mounted the covers there in order to attach my bags. Add you can seer from the pic, the holes in the sissy bar don't line up now. Also, the bar is about 1/2" too narrow to for over the F&S covers at the rear.
uploadfromtaptalk1398008757506.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1398008769735.jpg

·
Registered
219 Posts
ChiTownKaw - how did you get the sissy bar to fit? Did you use the 6mm bolts to attach the strut covers? I took the 8mm bolts out and mounted the covers there in order to attach my bags. Add you can seer from the pic, the holes in the sissy bar don't line up now. Also, the bar is about 1/2" too narrow to for over the F&S covers at the rear.
View attachment 75077 View attachment 75078
emelosh, I misspoke, I wasn't able to get my backrest to fit either, I did a mock-up yesterday and thought it did fit, but alas it doesn't....suks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts