RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants me to get a sidecar. The ARMEC TremoLeaner and Sidewinders will work with the Zephyr 750. The frames are very similar but the header may be an issue. Does anyone have any experience with sidecars on the ZR-7?

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Jim, take a look at these pics I found at sidestrider.com particularly the URAL and VELOREX (which has a universal mount, I think.) If ya own a Harley, the choice of side car is UNLIMITED, anyways check these out:

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
I seen that ARMEC profiled on "Speedvision". I thought it was pretty cool. And after looking through their web site, I wasn't too surprised they aren't posting prices. That would be some "sticker shock. But actually I don't think it would be too bad for what it is and the design that went into it. I didn't see if they offered an optional reverse motor for them either.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the same show on Speedvision. Looked like a sidecar I could live with.

I got an email from ARMEC. The TremoLeaner base price (no options like hydraulic brakes) is $5500. Add installation, shipping etc. and it will probably come in at about $7-8K. The Sidewinder is more but I think the TremoLeaner will look better with The ZR-7S. The kicker is they say neither sidecar is supported on the ZR-7S, I suspect they've not tried. The frame on the Zephyr is almost identical because the two bikes share the same engine. The header could be an issue because the Zephyr has a 4-2 set of pipes and is a little more open down the center.

They do work on the Bandit 1200, hmmm...

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
That's about what I figured the cost would be. The worst part about all this is there's more money in accessories than there is in the bike, but it would still be fun to do.

I think you're right about the exhaust. The "collector" for the 4-into-1 is probably about where the mounting is. Might have to go to a 4/2 exhaust so the mount will come down in between them.

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Hi Jet,

When my wife asked for a sidecart, I said no problem. I just went down to the local K-mart and borrowed a cart. Mounting was easy, I just welded two pipes to the frame and duct taped the cart on.

Oh you wanted a sidecar... :smilewink nevermind...

Andy

·
3,610 Posts
It may be me, but I think a side car on a sports bike just doesn't look right. It'd look ok on a 7R-7 I suppose but the ZR-7s with a side car might get a few strange looks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The TremoLeaner may actually work. It has lines that should go well with the 'S. Maybe if Andy gets a chance he could do a mock up. I'd do it but PhotoDraw bites. hmm..I wonder if I've copy of PhotoShop, I think I got a copy with the scanner...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Andy! :D

I'll have to show the wife.

I'm going to send her to MSF and she'll probably get her own bike (She likes the purple '02). But she says she wants to be able to use it to take the kids to school and along on trips. She says she can't justify getting a bike for herself just for fun (officially mine is for commuting. It would be nice to have a way to take the kids. I let them ride with me on short rides (<10 miles) but I can't imagine having one on the bike for a couple of hours. Of course if I follow this logic I'll be needing two rigs . :(

The cool thing about the Armec TremoLeaner and Sidewinder sidecars is they allow the motorcycle to lean. Granted, there is no way pegs will be scraping but at least counter steering works and the tires don't wear flat. They disconnect in around 10 minutes and there is no need to change to car type tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts