RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only seen two choices as far as side fairings and belly pans for the ZR-7S. The one side fairing kit I saw didn't completely cover the engine...I didn't like the look are there any other options? The same for the single belly pan I saw. (sorry no pics right now for examples).

Also I'm new to ZR-7S's, but what if possible can be interchanged with other bikes? Especially any body parts (like side fairings?)??

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Limited, at best.

Josh, when you say "side fairings", I assume that you mean the "Lowers" that would finish the "sport-bike" look. As best I know only one company has offered such a thing. And you've seen it already.

There were a few manufacturers of Belly Pans. But, I imagine that by now you'd probably only be able to buy them second hand, via e-bay or the such. Though, I've been wrong before.

Parts interchangeability.... There is a limited amount. I'm fairly confident that the tail light, passenger grab handles and rear body work can be swapped with an old ZX-6R (1996-1999?). Many of the engine parts can be swapped with old years of the Zephyr 750.

For the most part, though, you are kind of on your own. There are some threads around this board about compatibility and/or swapping. Try a search...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Josh, when you say "side fairings", I assume that you mean the "Lowers" that would finish the "sport-bike" look. As best I know only one company has offered such a thing. And you've seen it already.

There were a few manufacturers of Belly Pans. But, I imagine that by now you'd probably only be able to buy them second hand, via e-bay or the such. Though, I've been wrong before.

Parts interchangeability.... There is a limited amount. I'm fairly confident that the tail light, passenger grab handles and rear body work can be swapped with an old ZX-6R (1996-1999?). Many of the engine parts can be swapped with old years of the Zephyr 750.

For the most part, though, you are kind of on your own. There are some threads around this board about compatibility and/or swapping. Try a search...
Thanks for the response Gump. Yeah I'm new to bikes so I didn't know the right terminology, but thats unfortunate for only having one "lower" available. May have to go custom route if I want that look I presume.. Thanks for the heads up on the interchangeability and I'll do a search.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Josh, I don't see why you don't like the fairing kit on the site.. that basically covers up everything you'll need to and even a nice form for the casings..

Yeah, we've searched that site before but it's a good refresher WTF. Thanks!

I think it'd be a lot better than trying to custom fit/fiber glass different fairings onto the bike.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've only seen two choices as far as side fairings and belly pans for the ZR-7S. The one side fairing kit I saw didn't completely cover the engine...I didn't like the look are there any other options? The same for the single belly pan I saw. (sorry no pics right now for examples).

Also I'm new to ZR-7S's, but what if possible can be interchanged with other bikes? Especially any body parts (like side fairings?)??
Josh,

Try this link - http://www.jmvconcept.fr/2e07e4a2-2ca3-4391-a7a8-6522c9248444.vdom then click on the Kawi , then pick 750 ZR7 S + N 1999 à 2003 the all the way to the right click the jmv logo.

I almost bought a set of side fairings and belly pan from them.

Their products used to be available thru eurobikes.com.

It looks like the same set that's on Wild Hare.

Gerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts