RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am 21 years old and I do not know my way around the mechanics of engines or such... I had recently purchased a two brothers slip on for my 2009 ninja 650R, but did not pick up a PC or Juice Box Pro because I did not understand its purpose just yet.

I have done some research on it and have found that installing it would only reduce the backfiring and popping, and may increase performance (slightly). The dealership told me that I should consider picking one up, though I try not to listen fully to them... can't tell if they are just trying to sell me on something else. I really don't mind forking out the money for it if it makes that much of a difference.

I ride as often as I can. I commute to work and school and ride around town mostly with an occasional out of town trip here and there. I am not looking to show off or anything and have not had my bike dyno'd yet, nor do I see the point to do so.

Can someone please shine some light on the subject? Should I get one installed? I have not taken it to the track, nor do I plan on doing it in the near future (though I would love to eventually). Thanks in advance to everyone. I have been on this forum for some time now and am normally quiet. Listening to everyone is just so great! (This thread is kind of a spinoff from Ribcage's thread) Thanks bud.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think a PC or JB is recommend for any after market slip on (or full exhaust and headers).

The bike was made in mind of the stock exhaust and fuel output was made to satisfied it and not an aftermarket slip on (poping/backfire).

is it bad not to have one? not really, will it ride a bit more lean (waste gas) if you dont have one? yes. (all though the stock slip on will save you the most gas)

JB or PC accommodates your after market slip on and programs the bike to release the appropriate fuel output for that slip on.

Juice box Pro version (vs the non-Pro) comes with preloaded maps so you dont even have to mess with computer stuff and just plug that puppy in.

you can even turn the the JP off by turning the dial nob on the JB to "0" if youd like, and that will go back to stock mode. easy as that.

I would say from what i experienced to day on my short ride to test it out, I do recommend the JBP or a PC.

but the JBP comes with dyno tested preloaded maps for just the Two brothers slip on. So they got a map all ready for you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot Ribcage. That does help a lot! I have realized it should save a little more on gas and at the same time improve performance... it just seemed as if it were more tuned with racing in mind (almost only with it in mind). Any other input would be great... if necessary?

·
Banned
786 Posts
Running lean means you have too much air and not enough gas. The JB will fatten up your fuel flow for the low end, might lean it out for the high end because our bikes run rich there. Not a whole lot of performance mods improve fuel economy. Also, you should block your pair valve if you want to stop the back firing. The pair valves put air into your catalytic converter to finish burning any unburnt fuel, but with the new exhaust you no longer have a catalytic converter.

With all that being said, if you want to see the full gains of your exhaust, and if you don't plan on doing extensive mods, go ahead and get it. If you plan on doing a lot more mods then (and this is just IMHO) the PCV gives you greater flexibility. Being that you can get auto tune and ignition advance with the PCV. auto tune itself would be nice, if you're anal retentive about your bike because it can adjust for different conditions on the fly. The ignition timing advance is nice if you plan on doing a versys intake cam swap or some such.

·
Registered
480 Posts
well theres lots more you can do with a PC or JB, creating your own maps and what not to get the maximum amount of power out of the bike.

some people can create maps and share it with you. you just have to plug in your juice box to the computer and upload it. The two brothers website also has maps to download.

You can have up to 10 maps on the juice box pro.

I really know nothing about all those features, seems like something i dont plan on messing with for now..lol.

Yeah i thought it was for "racing" too like some sort of NOS system lol. but really it can only be use to help your slip on, although it can be utilized for racing if you wished to take advantage of that!

as for even tho it says "race use only" its only for legal issues i believe lol . Just like all slip ons say "off road use only".
IMAG0146.jpg

·
Banned
786 Posts
Probably how they get away with the higher emissions and noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts