RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some riding pants and I'm struggling to find a pair that has a short enough inseam. I have a 34" waist and about a 27" inseam. I purchased the Tourmaster Venture Air in a Medium Short (waist 32"-34"; inseam 29.5") and they don't fit right at all. Even with the pants pulled over my bellybutton, the knee armor was protecting my shins and not my knees. They kinda fit like baggy snowpants too. I would like to stick to something with mesh panels, but I can give up the removable liners if it means they will fit.

Anyone have experience with Rev'it pants? Will the euro sizing help? The Medium short has a 29" inseam. IDC if they are a little long, but will the knee protection be in the right place?

Please share any ideas you might have for some protective pants. Thanks.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,134 Posts
Check the fit while sitting on your bike in the riding position. How they fit when standing doesnt mean anything. Aside from that try on as much as you can and you might even have to get something altered.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Motoport

Full custom pants. Kevlar material. You send them measurements they ask for and they send you pants that fit you and only you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. The motoport option was very tempting, but got expensive fast. I ended up finding a really great website in another forum and I decided to go with them. Motorcycle Helmets | Motorcycle Jackets | Motorcycle Clothing offers pants in a wide range of sizes and I found one that seems as though it will fit. I checked them out online and they have good reviews. I also called to ask a few questions and I was very impressed by the customer support. From what I could find, the pant has 1000D Cordura in impact zones and 600D everywhere else. So, I have a feeling the quality on these is going to be far better than what I saw on the Tourmasters as well. They should be here in a couple days. I can't wait to check them out in person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WHAT A GREAT COMPANY!!!!!!! British Motorcycle Gear does things right. I ordered the Adventure Pant in a size Medium Short and they feel like a custom fit. The quality of the pants blow the Tourmasters I had out of the water. I called BMG Tuesday night to ask some questions before ordering and customer support spent a good half hour discussing things with me over the phone. I submitted my order around 6PM and received tracking info by 7PM. Received the pants today, only 2 days later. I couldn't be more impressed with the service and quality of their product.

This company doesn't have the web presence of companies like Revzilla and Motorcycle Superstore, but they should definitely be considered before you make your next gear purchase. Check them out at Motorcycle Helmets | Motorcycle Jackets | Motorcycle Clothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts