RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me what you think about these.

Could they be mounted without a lot of bracket fabrication?
Could they be any uglier?
Could they lower the resale value of my bike?

http://www.amazon.com/MOTORCYCLE-SA...r_1_68?s=STORE&ie=UTF8&qid=1282655770&sr=1-68

I'm sure to get flamed, but I'm seriously considering it. I've seen a couple guys with hard bags and batwing fairings and I think I want to go that direction for a season. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
hey, whatever makes you happy.

Personally, I think that slim hard bags that follow the lines of the rear fender would look pretty good.

I put the small "fire and steel" cloth saddlebags on my bike because I always carry a bike cover and rain gear. They are just the right size for that and not much else.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Aesthetics - Can't even comment...

Functionality - Whatever floats yer boat!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Not my cup of tea. I like the clean look of the bike. You're the one who will be riding it. Therefore, it's a personal preference.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I am currently trying to put hard bags on my 07 and am having trouble with the look. Our shocks stick out alot and at a pretty good angle. If I put them behind the shock they extend beyond the fender and look lis ***, if I move them forward there is a huge gap between them and the fender. If you figure it out please post some good pics.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Be aware of shock and brake caliper clearance. Also, those will stick out REAL far due to the tubing and needed clearance for the caliper unless you buy a relocator for it. Make sure you use 8mm bolts and not the stock 6mm or else they'll snap off in no time. You'll also need to shim the rear bolt or else buy the kawasaki accessory strut covers since they're flat and made for bag mounting.

I don't like the style but I wish my bike had bags and keep thinking a bagger would be much more useful for my lifestyle. This winter I'll be doing the memphis shades batwing with some custom brackets and retain the quick release function so I understand where you're coming from. I'd consider the kawasaki alamo saddlebags, technically not made for our bike but they'd follow the fender line perfectly. You'd have to relocate your signals or buy something like the custom dynamics setup. Personally I'm going with a custom luggage rack and sissy bar I'll be fabricating this winter. I'm almost excited about the winter this year because of all the things I got planned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I hear ya about being bit by the bagger bug. I just purchased a set of Tsukayu strongs to put on mine. I've had a set of vinyl/leather look-a-likes since I bought her. My thought is..... I want a "sport-bagger", what better platform to build it on! You can always pull it off and go naked but I rarely take off my windshield (I thought I would when I bought it) and have never run without bags (can't live without the storage at this point). I have a picture of one that was done with Nomad hardbags and it looked sweet! I figure I'll have to change the front springs and oil weight. I already planned on putting Progressive HD shocks on her. I weigh 220 and we two up quite a bit. We may be running contrary for this beast to want to make baggers out of them but that's what "custom" is about..... Let us see your pics as you go! Thanks,
Keep the shiny up and your rear tyre driving you through the next turn, G

1 - 8 of 8 Posts