RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something inexpensive that I can wear with dockers and a golf shirt into the office. We are not allowed to wear tennis shoes or work boots and I don't have a place to store boots at work and change. I'm looking at the AGV sprint boot for $80, the bottom looks as if it might pass for a regular shoe.
how do they fit and feel, anyone have them?
Of course it is still a boot and not sure how uncomfortable it would be in the office.
Or the Alpinestar N-1 riding shoe. But over $100 for shoes I'll only wear once in a while, seems excessive to me.
Are there any other choices?

·
Gold Member
480 Posts
I have Sidi Motosport boots ($130), they kind of look like a black hi-top sneaker, can't wear at work, but I keep a pair of shoes in my office, and change into them when I get there. You could always carry shoes in a tank or tail bag

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
This one always brings up the style v safety debate.

A fairly good compromise you can get away with in a casual office environment is a trusty pair of 8-hole black Doc Martens.

:)

·
Dirty Dawg
1,336 Posts
The Sidi Motorsports robbyd mentioned are an option, as are Sidi's Champion (what I wear) and GT Sympatex. All three are black and free of any racer-boot tackiness. Check out Sidi's U.S. importer, Motonation.. I'm sure other makers sell similarly styled moto-specific boots.

·
Gold Member
130 Posts
I went to a discount shoe place on and off for a while till I found a pair of nice looking hiking/work boots. They only cost me $40.00, they are comfortable and look like a pair of high-top lace-up shoes. They have a safety toe and metal shank. The price was right :) . In the future I may get a pair of motorcycle boots, but I thought $100 plus was a little much. Now that I ride more, I can rationalize the investment in a pair of good riding boots more easily.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I give up, I just ordered AGV riding boots. I'll figure out how to store them at work later.

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
You should try to go for a more casual look that will make a great ride for commuting. Since you have pointed out Alpinestars, why don't you give yourself a try?
You are replying to a thread that is almost 18 years old - don't expect a reply from the OP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts