RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a sheepskin seat cover for my ZR7. It's time to do something about my sore bum. But a Corbin is simply out of my budget. I found sheepyhollow.com has ZR7 seat cover for only Aus$143. As I ride rain or shine, I'm a bit concern when it gets soaking wet.

What do you think?

I'm also thinking of changing the Gel grip to those foam type. Has anyone used this type on ZR7?

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Do all aussies ride their motorcycles like this?

I can see why you need sheepskin covers! :D

Seriously, the Sheepyhollow web site indicates that the sheepskin will get wet when it rains, and so will your bum. You need to air dry it afterwords. Did you see the Sheepskin SOLO Seat Pads! They are only $34.50.

Andy

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check out the Solo seatpad. But I can't see how the pas will stay in shape after some use. There's only a middle strap that goes around the seat to hold it in place.

You got it half right. The Aussie cops ride as in your picture. They stay low to keep themselves out of sight. "Sorry, officer. I had no idea you have been following me for 20 minutes."

·
Registered
988 Posts
Actually, the guy in the photo was riding the bike behind when he did a stoppie that was a bit too severe and was pitched forwards to the bike in front (but he didn't quite make the distance)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry if this reply took a long time arriving. I dont surf through as much as I use to. That sheepskin in the photo is a recycled car seat cover (cut to fit) with a couple of pieces wide black elastic webbing (from Spotlight) hand stiched to it . It slips on over the seat. :eek:

·
Silver Member
154 Posts
I wonder how 'cyclists' pants would work. Don't they have pads in them?
I'd thought about something like that b/4 getting the Corbin. Thought about wearing them under my Ballistics.

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
errrrrr welllll ummmm geeeee I might actually have a pair of those knicks. :D

They have a chamois sewn into the crotch/bum area. The more expensive ones are made of less panels to reduce seams/stitching. Being lycra, unless you get a good airflow around them you can sweat a fair bit in the warmer weather.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts