RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone pushed my bike over and my insurance has finally cut me a check. I would like to replace the factory stay steps with a real set of rearsets. I found this link http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~shanetp/Rearsets.html
with pics and info about rearsets other than the woodcraft ones. I have done extensive google searches but have been unable to find any of these other than the woodcraft set for purchase. Does anyone have any leads on how to get my hands on any of these rearsets? I was interested in the LSL but noticed other sets like the Valter Moto set which let you keep pegs for a passenger. Ive found a Rizoma set for purchase but at that price I'll just go ahead and stick with the woodcrafts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the LSL's and they are adjustable, but I always ride with them in the lower position. To adjust them, you have to loosen one bolt (pivot bolt), remove a second bolt and move the footpeg upward, then reinstall the bolt in the upper hole.

I've never bothered to move them to the upper hole since I use my bike as a commuter and don't see the need to compact my body into a less comfortable position to while I ride to work.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent you an email BRP. I am also replacing my handle bar which is an aftermarket one. I havent been able to find it again since I purchased it years ago from the 650 shop. I have my bike lowered at the triple clamps and I was wondering if anyone has any info on the woodcrafts mounting over the triple with stock body work when the front is lowered. I read the clip on theory thread, but I couldnt find any info on the woodcrafts being mounted over the triple instead of under it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm waiting for them to activate my account so I can post up and ask about the LSL rearsets and possibly some levers, something between the chinese ones for $40 on ebay and the $180 italian ones everyone else sells... I have a few things that I need to replace thanks to some thoughtless *******, so the more I save myself the better.

Edit: Just noticed the Usival rearsets for the 650 and they are sexy. http://www.usival.com/pieces-moto/ Thats the manufacturers link, but its in french and, well I dont speak french. Anyone know any resellers of Usival parts in the US?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts