RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...jk doesn't look to bad I guess. Not the best pictures in the world. I imagine it would sell better than the standard Z1000 in the states with the SS craze going strong

·
Registered
660 Posts
:wtf:

we will see what comes of it. Could be awesome or could sucks ***

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think it will do great in the states . . . a smaller version of the concourse14. I would get one just for touring because of less wind resistance. Lets just hope they keep everything the same as the 2010 Z!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just say no to fairings. :nono:

Not that it's a bad looking bike, but it's not a Z1000 and it doesn't follow the spirit of the bike IMO.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Now you get a choice; naked or faired. The fairing really does make the bike more practical (especially for guys like me who do 18k+miles a year on our bikes!) But of course, naked bike are all about aesthetics! IMHO the faing doesn't make the bike ugly. But, love it or hate it, our bike is just as much about style as it is performance! (And nothing looks better than the 2nd gen bike anyway :glassesti ). It also looks like a big bro to the Ninja 650, so guys who love those bikes will have something to move up to! (just like those who want to move up from the ER-6n can move up to the Z!) Really, I just love my bike and am somewhat bummed the the riding season is winding down (somewhat 'cuz I really never put her away!) but if they bring it here to the US that could be my AARP years ride! :killingme

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Anybody notice the wheels aren't the same as the ones on the standard Z... could be a pre-production photo... but aren't those ZX-14 wheels?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Not bad, methinks. A little extra wind protection is good, but I wish they'd keep it to a smaller quarter fairing similar to the FZ1 and keep the engine exposed.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Anybody notice the wheels aren't the same as the ones on the standard Z... could be a pre-production photo... but aren't those ZX-14 wheels?
Nope, they look like old ZX10 wheels.:alcy:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Now you get a choice; naked or faired. The fairing really does make the bike more practical (especially for guys like me who do 18k+miles a year on our bikes!) But of course, naked bike are all about aesthetics! IMHO the faing doesn't make the bike ugly. But, love it or hate it, our bike is just as much about style as it is performance! (And nothing looks better than the 1st gen bike anyway :glassesti ). It also looks like a big bro to the Ninja 650, so guys who love those bikes will have something to move up to! (just like those who want to move up from the ER-6n can move up to the Z!) Really, I just love my bike and am somewhat bummed the the riding season is winding down (somewhat 'cuz I really never put her away!) but if they bring it here to the US that could be my AARP years ride! :killingme
fixed:blowup:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think it looks awesome like a z1000/650r mix but i think the naked bike feel is not there. rather just get a 10r

·
Registered
183 Posts
LAME! Why in the hell would they do this, if you like the faired version, get a zx10, if you don't like clip on's, get a new top triple for zx10= a better z1000 with fairing. It's suppose to be a naked bike, not a sport tourer.....................................................

·
Registered
598 Posts
Looks like the Mrs. is gonna be much happier on this back seat! :righton: I wonder if the cowl is interchangeable with earlier gen bikes! (sweet) :glassesti

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I see they brought back the analog tach...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts