RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be re-shaping my seat when I get back from Mexico. I will be inserting two pads of closed-cell foam, and two pads of memory foam in the front seat and 1 pad of closed cell and 1 pad of memory foam in the rear seat. Also I will be molding the rear portion so it takes care of the passenger slide problem. Once I get done I'll put before and after pics online.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Take it with you to Mexico and have it done while you're there. I had a friend of mine take my El Camino down there when I was stationed at Ft. Hood and had the seats redone....nice work and very cheap.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
I've never been south of the fence.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I re-did my seat to prevent the sliding forward thing. I bought a 2" thick piece of the memory foam that was 16"x16". Then I just basically cut 2 inches deep from the rise forward to about 1 1/2" from the front and put in the memory foam. I trimmed it to the same shaped as the stock seat and glued it in. With the cover stapled back down, you can't even tell it has been changed. The memory foam sinks in farther than the stock foam so I did not move the rise or dish it out any. When I took it for a quick spin and did a few firm stops my butt stayed planted. And it was VERY comfortable with that 2" new foam. It seems a little excessive and when you first sit on it, you kind of sink in but then it molds and your set. MIght not work for everyone, but it works for me. Besides, if you end up tearing your set up beyond use, you can just barter with some of the corbin owners for their stock seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts