Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which seat setup do you like best? You can select more than one.

Stock

Classic solo

Classic dual

Classic dual with driver backrest

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Classic.

Personally, I figured you would find a way to turn the backrest around and use it as a sissy bar for the wife that you could just pull the backrest portion off when she's not with you.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Classic.

Personally, I figured you would find a way to turn the backrest around and use it as a sissy bar for the wife that you could just pull the backrest portion off when she's not with you.
You know me well! Yes, I plan on that. I haven't seen many pics of streaks with classic seats and driver backrest so I thought I throw it out there to let people see how it looks.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
It's interesting. Without the sissy bar for the passenger.....I don't know. I didn't like how far it pushed me on the Nomad as a drivers backrest.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
With Stock Fender, I like the Stock dual..I have both the stock and a Corbin Young Guns..Corbin rocks, period..9 Hour ride and couldve gone longer.
I think the Solo would look awsome with the tail cleaned up or bobbed..
Not a fan of the classic dual..maybe on a different bike maybe?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I like the classic dual but if you ride a passenger they gonna need that sissy bar. When I first got mine it came with a fire and ice seat and a mini sissy bar. My girl didn't like the sissy bar (going from crotch rockets to a cruiser) so took off the sissy bar and she felt like she was gonna fall off every time I shifted gears. So had to put it back on and she feels safer riding now. I thought it looked better anyway. Lol

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Your building a Bad A$$ bike, you need a Bad A$$ seat like the Low and Mean seat pan.

Mean Streak 2011 011.JPG

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's interesting. Without the sissy bar for the passenger.....I don't know. I didn't like how far it pushed me on the Nomad as a drivers backrest.
I agree. For me it would make getting on and off the bike difficult. I knew it would look odd on the streak. I added that pic just for fun to see how much everyone would dislike it.

With Stock Fender, I like the Stock dual..I have both the stock and a Corbin Young Guns..Corbin rocks, period..9 Hour ride and couldve gone longer. I think the Solo would look awsome with the tail cleaned up or bobbed..
Not a fan of the classic dual..maybe on a different bike maybe?
The Classic dual pic looks not too bad I think because it is different. However, IMO, it makes the bike look like every other V-Star 650 Classic.

I like the classic dual but if you ride a passenger they gonna need that sissy bar. When I first got mine it came with a fire and ice seat and a mini sissy bar. My girl didn't like the sissy bar (going from crotch rockets to a cruiser) so took off the sissy bar and she felt like she was gonna fall off every time I shifted gears. So had to put it back on and she feels safer riding now. I thought it looked better anyway. Lol
Yep, a passenger backrest is a must if riding two up. I think it relaxes the passenger which makes it better for the driver.

Your building a Bad A$$ bike, you need a Bad A$$ seat like the Low and Mean seat pan.
View attachment 63661
Dude, what a sweet ride. Nice build.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
The stock dual flows well but it just doesn't rate for comfort against the others for driver or passenger. I only throw my black/red SE seat on occasionally because I just love my Corbin even though it is a Dual tour.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Another fan of the solo look here. I've got the passenger seat and sissy bar that can go on if needed, (as well as bags) but prefer the clean look of the solo

·
Registered
455 Posts
solo , mustang, no passenger add-on !

·
Registered
164 Posts
BTW, curious as to why you only have half the brakes up front?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I believe the corbin young guns looks the best on the bike, wish I could have got that one but my wife wants to ride now and then so I have the dual tour and its very comfy. Never liked the look of the mustang but I hear its comfy too.

As for what you have pictured I like the looks of the stock seat best, that seat just sucks for anything over 50 miles

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Nice bike! But it looks like it could use a BadA$$ Intake!
Not into the skull thing. I guess I just don't understand it. I do have the rake kit and hot box I need to install. Thinking about a 21" wheel next. Maybe next year I will look at intake and PC.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Not into the skull thing. I guess I just don't understand it. I do have the rake kit and hot box I need to install. Thinking about a 21" wheel next. Maybe next year I will look at intake and PC.
Even a Chuckster would really surprise you at how much difference it makes.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I agree with a previous post I think the corbin YG looks best but as for the seats in question I like the look of the solo best. I have the Mustang solo seat with detatchable passanger seat and I HATE the way it looks with the passanger seat on. whenever the wifey isnt on the bike that thing comes right off. and by the way others have mentioned the passanger NEEDS a back rest, I dont agree. my girl does just fine with no back rest at all and loves how comfortable the mustang passanger seat is, I have not heard one complaint since I got that seat. she has been riding with me for years and I taught her how to be a good passanger. so now its like she isnt even back there

1 - 19 of 19 Posts