RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry to start a new thread about this but I thought a new title would work better if someone is searching for seat options. I got this seat set from Conmar for about $50. When I did a test fit a few months ago it didn't do much for me. Now I kinda dig it. BTW, now that it's all done, Paul Fuller is buying my bike!

Here's a comparison with the Mustang seat set. I do think the Mustang seat set gives some back support where the Classic set does not.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Looks great! BTW, that 900 kick gives it just the right amount of lean!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great! BTW, that 900 kick gives it just the right amount of lean!
Yes it does! Thanks for pushing me to get it!

On the passenger seat I made a new rear bracket that lowered the seat and made it hug the fender. I had to remove the cover and notch the rear bottom of the seat pan lip to really slam it to the fender. I think its little details that make me like it more than when I originally just sat it on the fender.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Yup......that really did come out nice.....I just commented on your first thread and now the completed looks deserves some appreciation of accomplishment.....are ya gonna add on a sissy bar?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yup......that really did come out nice.....I just commented on your first thread and now the completed looks deserves some appreciation of accomplishment.....are ya gonna add on a sissy bar?
Nah. I'm selling the bike to Paul Fuller. We started talking about a deal when I was more than halfway thru the passenger seat mod. He's a little ill cause he prefers the solo look and/or the stock seat but knows that the first time his wife rides with the new seat she won't let him take it off!!!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Nah. I'm selling the bike to Paul Fuller. We started talking about a deal when I was more than halfway thru the passenger seat mod. He's a little ill cause he prefers the solo look and/or the stock seat but knows that the first time his wife rides with the new seat she won't let him take it off!!!
Shame, Shame, Shame... :Wow1: I cant believe your selling your Meany...
Especially after you hooked us up with Paul & his custm parts... :dance: ;)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I still say keep the Meanie, buy a separate two-up bike. I enjoy riding my Streak solo so much, I got a Nomad for two. Having both is a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still say keep the Meanie, buy a separate two-up bike. I enjoy riding my Streak solo so much, I got a Nomad for two. Having both is a beautiful thing.
This is the bike I'm looking to get. The guy lives about an hour away. I spoke with him over the phone. It'll be about 2 weeks before I can get it. If it sells before then oh well. If not I'll bring it home later in the month.

Kawasaki : Vulcan in Kawasaki | eBay Motorcycles

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Looks good! The V2K's are awesome! I came very close to buying one of those before I got the Nomad.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Yupper...the Vulcan 2000......a 2053 cc torque-a-monster......nice two-up bike and massive low-end torque....and great comfort. One thing you will notice immediatly if you get that bike...is the weight. Be ready, they are heavy and you will have even more to manage with a passenger, making slow speed manuevers a challenge. Once on the open road though, you will really appreciate it. Good luck on that one....let us know how it turns out for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts