RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do a 1-day ride this holiday weekend. Probably either to the twisties of SE Ohio or the scenery of NW Pennsylvania (likely Presque Isle State Park in Erie).

Weather looks good the whole weekend. Anyone interested in doing either ride?

·
Registered
316 Posts
This might be a weekend that works for me as well. Saturday being the best oppertunity. My vote is for southern Ohio. I'll keep looking back for details.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
How good is this presque park in erie? Looks to be about 6 hrs from me, I may check it out if the roads are really good. Lots of LEO's or smooth sailing?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's looking like Sunday in SE Ohio at this point.

I've only seen Presque Isle SP on the map, and I don't think it's very big. But there are some good roads in NW PA, including some around the Allegheny National Forest.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I can't make it Sunday, I guess this is another i'm going to miss. Enjoy and be safe, hopefully we'll make a fun run down there.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The plan now is to meet at Bob Evans restaurant on the south edge of Wooster, OH, around 9 am Sunday morning. The address is 550 Robinson Road, just off Ohio Route 30 and US 250.

Not sure of our route, but I'm expecting a mix of sportbikes and cruisers, so we may split up a little to allow some riders to go a little faster. I think we'll have at least 6 riders.

BTW, I'm not leading this ride. Instead I'm just part of the group this time.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hope to see you down there Tim, you have my number and I have yours.
I will try and contact you throughout the day.
Some guys from the Pataskala area are going to ride 555, I might be with them?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Some guys from the Pataskala area are going to ride 555, I might be with them?
So was that you around noon at the gas station in Zanesville? It was just inside the city closeish to where 555 starts.

Just got back in. Didn't really hit the hard twisties today but got to enjoy lots of scenic routes! Hope everyone gets back in one piece!

·
Registered
279 Posts
So was that you around noon at the gas station in Zanesville? It was just inside the city closeish to where 555 starts.

Just got back in. Didn't really hit the hard twisties today but got to enjoy lots of scenic routes! Hope everyone gets back in one piece!
Yeah that was me in Zanesville, I was waiting for the guy that was on the Buell.
I just now got back.

Tim,
Saw you go by in Zanesville, it looked as if your group was big enough, so we did our own thing, I hope you enjoyed your ride.

We rode some of 555, 26, 564, some of 145 & 260, 565, 537, 83 and 78.
Then I split off and rode 60, 520, 514, and 205 by myself on the way home.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Below is my ride report. I'll say that I know a couple of us were a little disappointed that we didn't hit more challenging roads, but we all had a great time anyway. Lunch was good, too, and the company was friendly.

Sorry we missed ya, Troy, but you're right - that was a big group. Not exactly what I intended when I started calling guys, but it's all good.

RIDE REPORT:
Another great ride yesterday! Bob Evans in Wooster, OH, was our meeting spot. 10 bikes with 11 riders in all...2 VFRs, 2 Harleys, SV650, Z1000, Tiger, V-Max, M109 and a Blackbird. Our destination was Riverside Restaurant in Powhatan Point for a late lunch on the river.

We had a good ride with perfect weather - tho it was a little cold in the morning - hitting some moderately twisty roads - Ohio Routes 83, 60 were OK, but 148 was a real treat. After lunch the group split up and I took Route 7 south to 556W, a very good twisty road, then 145N to another run on 148 before doubling back to 9N toward home. All told for me, a couple tanks of fuel, 400 miles and a tasty patty melt on the river!

Here's a pick of the bikes...

...and one of Duncan Falls. Look closely and you'll see the hull of a houseboat we were told came untied upriver awhile back, and went over the falls. I guess they're waiting for a higher water level to fish it out. There's an old lock on the other side of the river.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It looks like you had a good time Tim, glad to hear everyone returned safe!
515.1 miles and a Wendy's spicy chicken with a large sweet tea.....:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts