RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have an 08 stock se and would like to see your SE's for ideas on accessories. I'm mostly interested in backrests, luggage, and windshield's for now. I don't take many passengers, so the backrest would be mostly for tying stuff down.

I have got a horrible eye for what looks good and flows nicely with the bikes lines. I finally have a nice bike and don't want to crap it up.

Thanks

Kb

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
My personal opinion is that the Fire and Steel (kawasaki) accessories flow with the lines of the bike the best. They do make a backrest for the SE.

Some mods that are being done totally change the look of the bike, which is fine, but it doesn't look like a mean streak anymore.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Link no workie. What is it? Says page is down right now. :(

The SE is hard to match accessories for, particularly if you are getting rid of the chrome. For me, it's black or nothing. I don't do shiny chrome on mine, and what I have left will eventually be gone when I figure out what I want to do. Mirrors were first to go, and then replaced again with a different style this year. Rad cover is original, and black. Sissy is Kawi, and it works. I had to get used to it breaking up the lines of the rear end, but it's not overly obtrusive and I've grown to like it. Pipes are Fuggin, black, and I really like how they match the "sweep" of the bike.

I've only begun to change it, but it'll always look like a Meanie. We'll know what it is, but I think even stock we're still keeping everyone else guessing! Conversation from last Friday:

Guy - "Nice hog, man."
Me - "Thanks, but it's a Jap bike."
Guy - "What?"

Lovely...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Man thats nice. These bikes just can't help but look good.
Thanks! And you're right. They do look good. It's very hard to mess up a Meanie! (Saddlebags and windshield being the first step to messin' it up, though.) HA!! :D

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Timdull2 Did your backrest side plates used to be chrome and were painted black?
Nope, they were black the whole time. It's an OEM part.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I'm a fan of the custom world international backrests because the mounts go behind the stock fender struts so its a very clean install. As with most everything, you have to buy it chrome and get it powdercoated.

I had a national cycle windshield on it, it was cheap and worked fairly well, the quick release hardware was a little too cheap though. It was supposed to be tightened by hand but it always loosened up on the highway and angle down and put all the wind on my chest/neck. I started carrying a leatherman with me to snug up the nuts. I'd look at the memphis shades line. Right now I'm working on fabricating brackets for their fairing to mount up.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Sorry! Try this link instead!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19496&id=1593337600&l=4ced7c675c

The SE is hard to match accessories for, particularly if you are getting rid of the chrome. For me, it's black or nothing. I don't do shiny chrome on mine, and what I have left will eventually be gone when I figure out what I want to do. Mirrors were first to go, and then replaced again with a different style this year. Rad cover is original, and black. Sissy is Kawi, and it works. I had to get used to it breaking up the lines of the rear end, but it's not overly obtrusive and I've grown to like it. Pipes are Fuggin, black, and I really like how they match the "sweep" of the bike.

I've only begun to change it, but it'll always look like a Meanie. We'll know what it is, but I think even stock we're still keeping everyone else guessing! Conversation from last Friday:

Guy - "Nice hog, man."
Guy - "What?"

Lovely...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Guy - "Nice hog, man."
Guy - "What?"

Lovely...

Love the band-aid.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lol. Never noticed it but that's cool lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a 2007 SE with the kawasaki back rest. Anyone know what luggage rack with work?
None that I an aware of. I would like a rack also. I've beem looking hard at the Kury rack. I "think" that it may be close enough to make it work. And I think that the lines of the rack match the lines of the bike pretty well. If you find anything else. Please let me know. I'm getting close to having one made. I like the Kawa backrest and the Kawa windshield. I think that the Kawa designers got these accessaries right for the bike. If they would have just finshed up with the rack and floorboards, it would have been perfection.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Here is my baby

What brand air intake is that? I really like the looks of it and am in the market, also, any issues with leg bumping it or have any problems in the rain? Thanks Tim

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
What brand air intake is that? I really like the looks of it and am in the market, also, any issues with leg bumping it or have any problems in the rain? Thanks Tim
its a thunder tornado, no issues with leg bumping for me, I have a rain cover for mine, I wouldnt want to be in a heavy rain without a cover.

·
Registered
225 Posts
its a thunder tornado, no issues with leg bumping for me, I have a rain cover for mine, I wouldnt want to be in a heavy rain without a cover.
Probably gonna be my choice, bought a pcIII today, hanging on to it till next month, ill get the intake then get it custom mapped....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts