RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help. I have a scottoiler E system and have just noticed the screen stuck on calibration screen and button's not working. I removed fuse and put back in and now stuck on display screen showing tem, oil level acceleration etc and no button's do anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi can anyone help. I have a scottoiler E system and have just noticed the screen stuck on calibration screen and button's not working. I removed fuse and put back in and now stuck on display screen showing tem, oil level acceleration etc and no button's do anything.
I just experienced the same problem. It's annoying because my unit, although a few years old, has led a sheltered life and the fact that it still displays makes me wonder if it is just a firmware problem rather than a hardware failure. Scottoiler support just tell me that the unit is not repairable and a replacement unit costs $150.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I did try that, but it didn't do anything for me, neither did Scottoiler support people suggest that. Is that something you have tried or heard might work?
It's not sumptin I've tried. Just trying to help. It just seems like there ought to be a way to perform a reset with this unit. Maybe take out the battery for a while?

The only chain oiler I have had went on my AT a few years ago. Tossed that in the trash after about month or two. Seems like I paid less than $40 for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not sumptin I've tried. Just trying to help. It just seems like there ought to be a way to perform a reset with this unit. Maybe take out the battery for a while?

The only chain oiler I have had went on my AT a few years ago. Tossed that in the trash after about month or two. Seems like I paid less than $40 for it.
I hoped there'd be a way to reset it, but I tried disconnecting/reconnecting the power and all combinations of pressing and holding the two buttons.
I've had several Scottoilers, couldn't imagine commuting in the Seattle area without one, but considering the cost they are sometimes disappointing. Gravity eventually gets the better of the vacuum operated models then they leak continuously and electronic reliability might be a problem with the "eSystem".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts