1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm currently bidding on them. Thanks for making the auction more noticed. :-(

·
Registered
674 Posts
They're the heavy duty version, so if you ride solo, you'd better weigh over 200 lbs. or it's gonna be a very stiff ride.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
They're the heavy duty version, so if you ride solo, you'd better weigh over 200 lbs. or it's gonna be a very stiff ride.
I;d say 250 lbs, I have the normal ones and weigh in at 230 and they are just fine for me, but a little soft for two up riding. I think the hd's would be way to rough of a ride solo.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well if I do win it, maybe the ride won't be too bad. I plan on riding 2 up a lot but still would only be around 300 lbs. Maybe the Corbin seat will be adequate cushion, lol.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need the HD's, the billet progressives I have are just not enough for me riding 2 up. I am 6'6" and weigh 350 and the wife is 120. Me solo is borderline, but when she gets on, it is just too much.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Installed them last night and rode on them this morning to work (40 miles). The ride is a little rougher but considering I'm only 175 lbs, the stock shocks was rough for me. Looks great now that it's lowered.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought the Progressive 812s (chrome spring, flamed cans) a month or so ago on eBay for my 02 Meanie. They lowered the bike nicely and ride much better than the stock shocks from my perspective. I way 195 and have them set on the lowest cam setting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330432732358

I picked them up for $175.99 shipped. This guy runs sales every once in a while if you're patient and like saving an extra $30 or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts