RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
From the Auction Description: The kit comprises of: 2 Lines for the front of the bike which both travel from the master cylinder direct to the left and right front calipers,...

How dose this work, two lines coming out of the master cylinder? Is there some sort of T at the master cylinder?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
From the Auction Description: The kit comprises of: 2 Lines for the front of the bike which both travel from the master cylinder direct to the left and right front calipers,...

How dose this work, two lines coming out of the master cylinder? Is there some sort of T at the master cylinder?
I think they just piggy back each other into one hole on the Master Cly.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think they just piggy back each other into one hole on the Master Cly.
+1. This works and looks much better than the "T" junction IMO. When I used to race, all the bikes I used had that set up. To this day, I figure that seasoned race mechanics are, and will always be, much smarter than me.

I know a Galfer dealer who you can buy direct from. PM me if you want the info.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
The theory behind the two lines is that it provides equal braking to both calipers, and that you have slightly more fluid in the line itself so it does not get as hot. I have this set up on my bike (HEL brand) and have not noticed a difference under normal braking circumstances over the stock style braided line (had that style once but kept leaking at the T, galfer brand).

want to add, that is a great price if they are quality lines that fit right.

·
Registered
154 Posts
How would you route double lines form the master, just zip tie them together until the lower triple? Does anyone have pictures of double lines form the master on their meanstreak they could post?

I may just pull the trigger on these. I've emailed him (Wez) three different times/questions just today and he has responded to each promptly. Must be just sitting on his computer, great service so far. He sent me some pictures. How's the quality look? I wouldn't know the difference.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The theory behind the two lines is that it provides equal braking to both calipers, and that you have slightly more fluid in the line itself so it does not get as hot. I have this set up on my bike (HEL brand) and have not noticed a difference under normal braking circumstances over the stock style braided line (had that style once but kept leaking at the T, galfer brand).

want to add, that is a great price if they are quality lines that fit right.
You should have equal braking pressure at both calipers regardless if there is a tee or two separate lines. Fluids don't compress like air or gas so there should be equal pressure at both calipers when there is a brake application. If there is a restriction in one line to reduce the volume of fluid, that might affect the pressure at one due to loss of volume, but otherwise they should be the same.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did the rear line... Unless you want to do it just for looks, don't waste your money because it doesn't do anything performance-wise. The reason is that the main brake line connects to the metal brake valve... But that metal piece has another short rubber hose that runs to the plastic rear brake master cylinder. Unless you change that short run to braided and the MC to metal, you will not gain much, if anything.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You should have equal braking pressure at both calipers regardless if there is a tee or two separate lines. Fluids don't compress like air or gas so there should be equal pressure at both calipers when there is a brake application. If there is a restriction in one line to reduce the volume of fluid, that might affect the pressure at one due to loss of volume, but otherwise they should be the same.
You are right, I know there was a couple reasons the hel rep told me why the two line kit was better for braking than the 3 line kit, but I guess my memory has got the best of me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mike, I asked about the length of the lines for the ebay kit and he said 42.125" and 43.110". Seems really long to me. I changed out my bars as well, but I'm still using the stock lines with no issue. I don't want have a bunch of stiff lines bowing out everywhere, but to short is scary too. What do you think? I'll try to get out there with the weed wacker line later today to get an actual measurement. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Mike, I asked about the length of the lines for the ebay kit and he said 42.125" and 43.110". Seems really long to me. I changed out my bars as well, but I'm still using the stock lines with no issue. I don't want have a bunch of stiff lines bowing out everywhere, but to short is scary too. What do you think? I'll try to get out there with the weed wacker line later today to get an actual measurement. Thanks for your help.
It will depend on how you want to route your lines, the weed eater line works great for getting a good measurement on where you want to route them, just remember to leave yourself some room for the susupension to work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts