RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 zr-7s
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
after cleaning carbs in the ultrasonic cleaner , blew out all cleaner, made a air cleaner out of UNI foam / oiled fom w/ dirtbike aircleaner oil, and a cut up waste paper basket (didn't want to wait 2 weeks - 2 months for a K&N on back order), re-installing them....I found more sand in the float bowls. Damn! must be I have sand in the gastank. Will be draining a nearly full tank into a large pan to see if this is one of my problems.
Also stripped #2 drain plug screw. Double danm.
If so, then it's back to taking the carbs off again and blowing out all possible debris. Unbelieveable !!

What I can't figure out is how the previous owneer got sand in his gastank in the 1st place.
michel

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
There is also a small inline filter that should be in the fuel T where the main fuel link splits to go to the 4 carbs.
It's hidden inside. Pull the fuel hose off the T and it should be inside. It's rounded and tapers to a flat pinch.

There should also be screens on the petcock intakes.

·
Registered
2003 zr-7s
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , Obo, I'll check that right now....meanwhile I've put 40 nuts/bolts/washers in the gastank , wrapped it up in a bunch of soft blankets and put it in the dryer at no heat for 1 hour to get rid of the rust. I'll post a picture of how it comes out. later.
michel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts