1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
113 Posts
They are a little long for my taste, but for that price you cant go wrong...

·
Registered
9,020 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I bought a set of these when Parts Unlimited was blowing them out. I got them for $80.00. They were too long for me, but the price was right. I bought a set of baffles and that made them a little quieter. They do stick out to the back of the tire.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
at least the length of the pipe is inversely proportional to the length , of time, remaining that you, have any hearing, in your right ear...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good pipes, If you don't look the length you can cut them to the length you want. They are easy to cut. I used a metal cut off saw, worked great
I was curious about that. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are a little long for my taste, but for that price you cant go wrong...
That is what I thought. I am hoping to be able to work something to make them a little shorter. We'll see when they get here.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They showed up this morning, so of course I had to rip into it. Kinda chilly for a ride, but I had to hear them.

They are quite loud, but they seem louder at idle than at cruising speeds. Until you get on it, then hold on to your hats.

For the money though, I can't complain. They really don't look that bad being that long either, it is starting to grow on me.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just pick up a set of the universal style of baffles on ebay about 10 inches long. I installed a set and it toned them down at idle some and under hard throttle they still let you know what's up.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds good. I'll have to look at them. Indy, are you running any kind or fuel system(PCIII, Cobra, etc)?

I left work tonight and stopped at my brother in laws and the pipes were glowing red. Didn't notice it today, but tonight when looking down I could see it. I would hate to be running too rich and cause problems.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
That sounds good. I'll have to look at them. Indy, are you running any kind or fuel system(PCIII, Cobra, etc)?

I left work tonight and stopped at my brother in laws and the pipes were glowing red. Didn't notice it today, but tonight when looking down I could see it. I would hate to be running too rich and cause problems.

Thanks for any help.
You are way to lean. Get the power commander pcIII usb. I would not run it much like that you will burn a valve at the very least. I have a set of 10" x 1.75" that fit the 2.25 pipes. They fit a little loose in my pipes but sound great.
PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the PCIII that much better than the Cobra FI Unit? I know you can do more with the PCIII, but if I am just looking to richen things up, will the Cobra work?

Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
if thats all your looking to do you can either use a cobra or a dobeck, but all they do is add fuel.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Is the PCIII that much better than the Cobra FI Unit? I know you can do more with the PCIII, but if I am just looking to richen things up, will the Cobra work?

Thanks.
Hands down better. The pcIII will take away fuel at different points in the fuel map as well as adding fuel. If you can afford it I would do the pcIII over the other two.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The PC 3 is better that is very true. I have a new Cobra Fi2000 for the 2002-2003 Meanie if that is what year your bike is, PM me.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll have to save some pennies and go for the PCIII I think, I had one on my Z750S. My bike is an 05.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, got around to getting the pipes cut. Here they are now. Took 10 inches off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just curious how did you cut them off that they wont rust?BTW looks good looks almost identical to my cobra speedster longs.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just ended up taking them to the muffler shop down the street. $5 and 5 minutes of work for them. I talked to speedracer on here and he said he had cut his and had no issues, they are stainless steel. I plan to keep an eye on it anyways.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts