RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/29/peter-lenz-dies-at-indy-t_n_698514.html...read elsewhere that he supposedly came out of a hard turn into the straight away where he went into a speed wobble and was thrown off the bike in a high side. Initially he appeared to be ok, sitting up on the track and raising his arms so other riders could see him. Unfortunately he was near the front of the pack and most of the riders had yet to pass. After a couple of bikes had passed him, he went to stand up to make himself more visible, as he turned around one rider had yet to see him and collided with the younger rider head on. r.i.p. #45

·
Registered
540 Posts
a bit late... but yeah.. sucks.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
293 Posts
This story was on CNN last week, has many saying that 13 years old is way to young to race..... of course it was a 12 yr old that hit and killed him.

This does not help the sport any, those that do not understand family sports will always oppose it, and will blow story out of proportion.

BTW, I wouldn't let my 13 yr old race. But I grew up riding at 5-6 and have had my kids on bikes / ATV since they were 2-3. But riding around recreational vs competition are different.
I am not against those that choose to race, and I oppose groups that try to dictate what other can or cant do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts