RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Someone must find a quality Peanut Butter Pie to be had somewhere along the journey. I believe it was somewhere in or around Mayberry I experienced this pie first hand. Please search out for me when ROTR22 happens, and feel free to write your review.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,151 Posts
Someone must find a quality Peanut Butter Pie to be had somewhere along the journey. I believe it was somewhere in or around Mayberry I experienced this pie first hand. Please search out for me when ROTR22 happens, and feel free to write your review.
Yes Tony that was Goobers 52 in Mt Airy NC. AKA Mayberry.

Did you get that new Suzuki? You can meet up with Michael (MGluck) and ride down. He's a fellow New Yorker.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,151 Posts
It's getting closer. I always had a lot of anticipation for ROTR.

I most likely wont be driving down in the car. I expect to go back to work near the end of April after my herniated disk has had me out since November. They probably would not approve a personal leave day for me plus I may need them for any future Dr appointments.

I'm glad you're going to be able to make it Ed.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Glad your eye is doing better Ed and you will be able to make it. Sorry to hear you will not be able to make it Jon. I hope your back continues to improve every day. I have a friend from Texas that will join us on Thursday but he will be heading for home on Friday. We will get to the hotel Wednesday evening as in the past. Look forward to seeing everyone then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad your eye is doing better Ed and you will be able to make it. Sorry to hear you will not be able to make it Jon. I hope your back continues to improve every day. I have a friend from Texas that will join us on Thursday but he will be heading for home on Friday. We will get to the hotel Wednesday evening as in the past. Look forward to seeing everyone then.
Sorry to hear you won't make it Jon, maybe next year. I am looking forward to getting together again and riding great roads as we usually do.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,151 Posts
Even if I were able to come down in the car it's just not the same. I love the country and the scenery and the southern hospitality, except maybe the drunk ******* in the pickup truck that called some of us yankees and threw a roll of toilet paper at us lol. It was always fun hanging out with the group, swapping stories, etc... But the riding was the main point. I think I may have even enjoyed the ride down and back as much as riding with the group. Well the part south of Orange VA anyway. A few miles north of that was traffic, congestion, blah blah blah.

Most of the time after ROTR I would not ride for a week or two just because riding at home paled in comparison to the mountains. Now where I live here in Delaware it's more boring than MD. I do miss riding though. In the back of my head I know I would like to have another bike, but all the deer and wildlife around here and the insanity and disregard for other people on the road nowadays just makes me think it isn't worth the risk.

You all have fun and be safe.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,151 Posts
Wow. When did red neck become a bad word? lol

·
Registered
538 Posts
On an extremely sad note, my friend who was riding in from TX to join us, died on Saturday when someone ran a stop sign and ended his life prematurely. I am currently in Blairsville GA and I will be visiting with some of the family who are flying in tomorrow. I will still get into Maggie Valley wed. evening and believe I will be there the whole time. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My condolences Rob. So sad. I wish you and his family strength and all the best.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
So sorry to hear that Rob. :(

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,151 Posts
Thats horrible. My condolences to you and to his family.

Be safe guys.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,151 Posts
Hi guys. How did the ride go? Good weather?

How are you doing after the loss of your friend Rob? I lost a close friend in 2015. He was only 36. He died the day his son turned 3 months old. It hit me a lot harder than I would have imagined. Still does when I think about it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hey Jon, we had good rides all three days except we did hit some rain and light hail on one of the rides. Junior joined us this year so it was good to have him back riding with us this year.

I am doing okay. After getting home from our ride I drove out to San Antonio for the funeral. He had been trying to join us for ROTR for a couple of years and when he finally makes it, this happens. He had never ridden in NC and was really looking forward to it. He was a great person, a dear friend and will be sorely missed.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts