RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,151 Posts
Hi Guys. I was thinking about this the other day. I wont be coming. Finally sold my bike. I will always remember the people and the fun and beautiful scenery from ROTR's. I will miss it.

After tearing my rotator cuff for the second time and the threat of losing my job because I was out for so long I was kind of paranoid about having a bike accident due to insane drivers or deer. I did end up hitting a deer this year in my Jeep. $4000 damage for a minor deer strike... So yes I decided to give up riding. I do miss it at times, I cant deny that.

This would be ROTR 21. 21 years of what started out as 2 guys wanting to meet up for a ride back when Riderforums was based on the ZR-7 and had only about 500 members. Craig is the only original ROTR guy left in attendance. Even though there were a few crashes in the earlier years no one was seriously hurt and everyone always had a great time.

Hopefully you guys can get together and continue the tradition.

Reactions: Ozninjaguy

·
Registered
537 Posts
Dang John, sorry to hear you will not be joining us any more. We had alot of great times and you will be missed. If you get a wild hair and want to join us just rent a bike for a few days or come down in your car like you did before. We have been trying to get Jr to rent a bike but no luck so far.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any ideas where we should go this year? The BMW Group is going to Blairsville Georgia (4/27 -5/1) and I will be there so I'll let you guys know if this is a good base or not.
How about dates. We go after mothers day May 8 and before Memorial day May 30 so how about May 18-22 ?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Guys. I was thinking about this the other day. I wont be coming. Finally sold my bike. I will always remember the people and the fun and beautiful scenery from ROTR's. I will miss it.

After tearing my rotator cuff for the second time and the threat of losing my job because I was out for so long I was kind of paranoid about having a bike accident due to insane drivers or deer. I did end up hitting a deer this year in my Jeep. $4000 damage for a minor deer strike... So yes I decided to give up riding. I do miss it at times, I cant deny that.

This would be ROTR 21. 21 years of what started out as 2 guys wanting to meet up for a ride back when Riderforums was based on the ZR-7 and had only about 500 members. Craig is the only original ROTR guy left in attendance. Even though there were a few crashes in the earlier years no one was seriously hurt and everyone always had a great time.

Hopefully you guys can get together and continue the tradition.
Sorry to hear you are no longer joining the group. We enjoyed your company and are always welcome as Rob said to come by car if you want for diners and just hanging out.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come on people this trip is a great time. We need some momentum here. You guys are my friends and rather ride with you guys.

Look at the other group, 50 people. We don't all ride together. We all form small groups and download GPS set routes and just meet all together for dinners and beverages after.
Helmet Product Font Motor vehicle Sports gear

·
Registered
537 Posts
We were in Wytheville last year so I was going to suggest we move south to Maggie Valley, Franklin or somewhere like that. Blairsville is a nice town but it is in GA and is so far south it limits how far north you can go. The better date for me is May 11 - 15. Not sure yet if I could make the following weekend.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,151 Posts
If you choose to stay in or near Maggie Valley here is a possibility that I could run down in my Challenger and hang out for 1 night. Maybe there will be a car show to go to like I did last time. It was a good car show too. I will check the Maggie Valley calendar of events.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,151 Posts
Yep. Depending when and where you guys decide.

May 13 & 14 KKOA Icons of Hotrodding Festival – 1950s and 1960s Hotrod and Custom Car, Truck & Van event for 1969 and older models, 50s & 60s music, Automotive & Vintage Vendors, Pin-stripers, Food Vendors, Judging with Awards & Trophy presentation. Family friendly event! For more info visit Kustom Kemps of America.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey everyone, it's time to start thinking about our event. Are any participants going this year? Who is in?
I am in! I always like Maggie Valley. What say you?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I am good with Maggie Valley. The dates of 5/11 thru 5/15 is the normal weekend we go so this works for me and might allow Jon to come down for the weekend. How do these dates work for everyone else?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Those dates are good for me.

·
Gold Member
190 Posts
I am good with Maggie Valley. The dates of 5/11 thru 5/15 is the normal weekend we go so this works for me and might allow Jon to come down for the weekend. How do these dates work for everyone else?
Those work for me FWIW. I’m not very reliable. I wimped out last year due to neck problems and fears of a gas shortage. I haven’t ridden much since July 2020. I’ll have to take some long rides to figure out if I can manage a road trip.

BTW, I believe my first ROTR was in 2002.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Okay, I guess it is Maggie Valley on 5/11 - 5/15. The best price I could find was at the Best Western for a total of about $500 for the four nights. There is a car show and probably some other events going on so Wed. and Thur. prices are not bad but they jack the prices for the weekend. I noticed most other places are higher priced and running low on availability. There are better prices at the smaller mom & pop places but we since have stayed at BW before I assume every one is good with that. I made a reservation for the four nights but it is cancellable in case we decide on something else. If you make a reservation, try reserve get a room in the back building like we normally do.

Glad to hear you might be able to make it B=Mac. It is always a fun time. Hopefully you can make it Andrew. Probably no gas shortage this year but the price will probably be higher.

I will be in Maggie Valley in two weeks helping a friend move so I will check around to see if anything better is available.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just booked a room at Best Western. Ask for a AAA discount. Even though I am a member they did not ask for any ID or proof. Saved 10%

1 - 20 of 35 Posts