I wish you guys luck. Very unlikely you'll see any Canadians unless they are already wintering somewhere down that way.
Did you get rid of the XR?Absolutely I'm in. I'm not looking forward to the large BMW group thing as much as getting together with you guys. Common Riders it's the 20th!
I'm also ready to tour/cruise with my new bike, a BMW K1600B Bagger (actually used 2018).
NICE!!! Glad you kept the XR.No, of course not. The XR is for canyon carving with you guys.
The weekend after Mother's day is good. I always like Maggie Valley and I am ok wherever we stay.I guess we should get the ball rolling on the when and where of ROTR 20 since is March already here. Hopefully Andrew, Jon, Gump, Suphtr and others will be able to join us this year for the 20th anny.
We normally have ROTR the weekend after Mothers day which would be May 13 - 16 this year. This allows us to move it to the following weekend of May 20 - 23 if that weekend is a rainout. The weekend of 5/29 is Memorial day weekend which we avoid due to traffic. I suggest we keep it on 5/13 or 5/20 if 5/13 does not work for most.
Where do we want to stay? We usually stay in Maggie Valley or Wytheville so do we want to stay in one of these locations or try somewhere else? NC and Maggie Valley is pretty much opened up now and I would assume Wytheville is also but I am not sure about that. Everyone chime in as mid May is only 10 weeks away.
Rob, I like MV but if a different place strikes someone's fancy I am good with that too. We always have a good time no matter where we stay.I just lead the rides, I am not the group leader. I am not sure we have a group leader. Any location is fine with me, its just that i know the NC,GA and TN roads better than the VA roads since I ride there more. I didn't know if people wanted a change of scenery since we have been in MV the last two or three years. There are plenty of roads out of Wytheville to make three days of riding. I found a map with a bunch of rides in the extreme western tip of VA but I have not ridden many of them so I am not sure how they are.
I assume Craig is in so it appears we have 5 riders so far. Hopefully Jon, Gump or others will be able to join us. We should probably decide on a location and make reservations before the end of March. It sounds like Mike prefers MV so if anyone else has any preferences on location now is the time to chime in. I wish I knew how to make the survey questionnaire with check boxes like Jon used to make but I am not that tech savvy. We will stick with the weekend after Mothers Day which will be 5/13 thru 5/16 since this is our usual weekend and it allows us to push it back a week if it looks like a rainout.