RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Mike and I can make it on 6/24 thru 6/27 so lets make those the new ROTR dates if they work for you Ed. Hopefully some others will be able to join us on these new dates. Make your new resi's now.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Those dates will work for me somewhat. My wife's birthday is 6/29 so this is close but we have to have priorities, right? I would leave Saturday to be home Sunday to celebrate with her at best. Maybe we could start 6/23 to get some more riding?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am open to making the dates 6/23 thru 6/26 if everyone wants to. Craig usually leaves on Saturday anyway. Mike what do you think? Anyone else thinking of joining us?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am open to making the dates 6/23 thru 6/26 if everyone wants to. Craig usually leaves on Saturday anyway. Mike what do you think? Anyone else thinking of joining us?
I am ok with those dates subject to what is happening with Covid 19. BTW, I spoke with Craig yesterday. He thought we would go out to September but is ok going earlier subject to the pandemic. I told him I would keep him advised.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I just cancelled my reservations for next week and made new ones for 6/23, 6/24, 6/25 and 6/26. I can adjust as needed. I got a room in the back wing facing the parking lot. The June rates are higher than May so I am going to check a few other hotels and see how their rates compare. Glad to hear Craig is thinking of going. Of course these plans can change as conditions change. Watch here for updates.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I called Comfort Inn which is just down the road from BW and their AAA rate was $80 cheaper than BW. I also called Quality Inn but they can not give me a rate until tomorrow. I believe we have stayed at both of these before. I will check Quality tomorrow but for now I would prefer Comfort since I think they are all about the same. I don't believe any of them are serving breakfast due to Coronavirus.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hi guys. Ive been to NC a few times in the past few weeks. I had been going down to visit my father. He passed away Sunday morning. Most restaurants are carry out or drive through or curbside pickup only. I stayed in a Quality Inn. They were open, obviously lol, but were not serving breakfast. Maggie Valley, being more of a vacation destination seems to be a little different, but travelling in general was fairly normal aside from less traffic. My experience on the road was that most people were distancing and/or wearing masks.
I'm waiting on workers comp to decide if I am getting more PT or going back to work. If I can I will drive down and hang out for an evening or 2. I'll follow this this and see when the ride actually happens.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi Jon, I'm sorry to hear your Dad passed last week. My condolences to you and your family. Was it the virus? Boy you are having a bad year. Again I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
Ed

·
Registered
517 Posts
Jon, I am so sorry to hear about your dad passing. I know it can be difficult when a parent passes. I hope you can make it down for a day or two.

I called Quality Inn and they were about $30 cheaper than Best Western but still $50 more than Comfort Inn. I think all three of these are about the same quality so I propose we stay at Comfort Inn to save a few bucks. It is right down the road from BW. I will make a reservation for the nights of 6/23, 6/24, 6/25 and 6/26 since Ed, Craig and my friend from TX will need to leave on Saturday. We can always adjust plans later if we need to.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Jon, so sorry to hear about your father. Sincere condolences.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Glad to hear you will be able to join us this year Andrew. Looks like we will have good group of 5 or 6 riders.
Hey Rob,
Did you hear from others? I didn't see who else was going besides you me Mike and now Andrew.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks for the thoughts guys. It was not Coronavirus. He had Parkinsons disease. The final stage came on hard and fast. Being off work I was able to visit a few times recently. He was glad to see us and his wife needed the support.
Be safe.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts