RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, it's that time of year again. Time to start thinking about ROTR. Where to stay, where to ride, who's coming.
As always, ROTR is open to anyone who wants to come. It's been a small group the last few years but the fun is BIG.

Basically ROTR is a group of riders getting together and riding some fantastic roads in the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky mountains.
The rides started in 2001 on and around the Blue Ridge Parkway, hence the name, Ride On The Ridge. Its always been a great group of people, men and women, solo and 2 up riders, and great riding. The more "spirited" riders lead and the more relaxed (meaning slower riders like me) bring up the rear. We pretty much stay as a group, waiting for everyone to regroup and intersections and eat lunch somewhere good. After the days ride we eat, enjoy adult beverages, rest, and repeat.

Is it going to be Maggie Valley again, back to Wytheville, or maybe Boone?

Lets hear your thoughts and ideas.

That being said... I don't know if I will be riding. My rotator cuff surgery failed. My supraspinatus tendon didn't stay on and I'm not back to work. Its been a long year of not knowing what's going to happen or if it will ever get fixed. I could probably ride, but I haven't. My arm is pretty weak and God forbid something go wrong and I wouldn't have the strength to handle an emergency maneuver.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Sorry to hear about your surgery not going as planned Jon. Wish I was closer to join you folks on the ride.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Jon, sorry to hear the surgery did not take and you may not be able to make the ROTR ride. That would drive me crazy if I was unable to ride for a year. Aren't they able to try another surgery? I hope you able to get some sort of fix.

I am up for the ROTR ride this year and not particular about location. We normally have the ride the week after Mothers Day so I recommend we stick with those dates. That would make the ride May 14-17 this year. Like Jon said, it is always great riding and a great time had by all. I cant wait for the fun to begin.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Jon, sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you find a cure.
As for this year I'm in as usual except the dates are conflicting with an event my wife planed (birthday gift to drive a Lamborghini in a race track on Sunday) so I will have to leave on Saturday.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't think I could pass up driving a Lambo on a racetrack either Ed. I am not locked into any certain dates so we could change dates if that is what most prefer to do. The only problem is the weekend before that is Mothers Day weekend and the weekend after that is Memorial Day weekend which usually means more traffic. Anyone who is planning to attend please chime in with any suggestions.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear about your surgery not going as planned Jon. Wish I was closer to join you folks on the ride.
Canada is not that far. You would be the 3rd to join us from the Great White North

·
Registered
53 Posts
I too am sorry to hear about your shoulder Jon. It's always difficult when you have an injury or illness. Wishing you all the best and a quick resolution. I am in this year again. Looking forward to great riding and camaraderie. I can do almost any time in May although I think it would be wise to avoid Memorial Day weekend. I always enjoy Maggie Valley but, come to think of it, I've enjoyed every ROTR wherever we've stayed. I know, no help.

Ed, this must be a big birthday if you get to drive a Lambo on a track

1 - 7 of 7 Posts