RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Vale, Vale, Vale!!!

I think the best riding I have ever seen Rossi do was at Laguna Seca, I think 08 season, he and Casey Stoner were at each others throats the entire race. Amazing skillz 4 sure!

Speaking of GP racing...anyone here on the forums ride out to see the GP at Indianapolis? This was my 2nd year riding out there from KC MO to watch, great show for sure. The riding at that level is just mind boggling.

·
Registered
699 Posts
WTF??
Whats with the all of the legs going out before a corner? Cramp? Even Stoner was doing it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I ride like that every day to work and back.

j/k
I dont have a job.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My friend is a huge Rossi fan - think's he's a god. Was at Laguna last year and he waited for hours to get a signature. I gave up after a few minutes but he held on on got the autograph. I kept reminding my friend about Rossi - he's just a man like you and me, not a god. Rossi's umbrella girls......now that's a different story. They are goddesses. :swink:

What's all the fuss? He's just a man.

Photo w/Rossi?? Nah, Oakely girls are better than Rossi in my book.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
the thing with the sticking out the leg before the turn has unfortunately caught on and now several riders are doing it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
if i had the the fire suits and armor they had i wouldn't mind taking corners that hard. jeans just dont have the proper knee scraping protection.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Dreams of grandeur as a dirt flat tracker.
lol

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
if i had the the fire suits and armor they had i wouldn't mind taking corners that hard. jeans just dont have the proper knee scraping protection.
LOL jeans don't do much of anything other than shred when they meet pavement. I've learned from experience.

·
Registered
185 Posts
During the broadcast of one of the Motegi races one of the commentators mentioned that one of the riders, Tony Elias maybe but I'm not sure, tested the theory and said it did help with turning the bike
I'm gonna claim the "leg dangle" technique.

·
Registered
414 Posts
During the broadcast of one of the Motegi races one of the commentators mentioned that one of the riders, Tony Elias maybe but I'm not sure, tested the theory and said it did help with turning the bike
I'm gonna claim the "leg dangle" technique.
Like sitting up for drag...
I know that the knee out will produce drag on that side on the bike.
I think that would be more productive then sticking your foot out for a turn.
...cramping, ok. Maybe.
If so, someone needs to be getting more water in him.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The commentators just mentioned at the last race in japan that Rossi was doing it (as well as others) to prevent passes from people behind them (i.e., Jorge Lorenzo). I don't like it (unless for reliveing a cramp) but it's part of the game.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just had visions of Sega's Road Rash.
:killingme

·
Registered
205 Posts
The commentators just mentioned at the last race in japan that Rossi was doing it (as well as others) to prevent passes from people behind them (i.e., Jorge Lorenzo). I don't like it (unless for reliveing a cramp) but it's part of the game.
That was a heated race between the two of them. The leg didn't seem to phase lorenzo, he looked like he was gonna take rossi's leg off a couple times haha.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've also heard it explained that due to the amount of force they are braking with, it could help with balance. A GP motorcycle is really something that has to be seen in person to appreciate. The sight, smell and sound of one of those monsters at speed is something you will never forget.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts