RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Z1000 Road Trip Pics: Quebec, NY, VT, NH, and Maine

Hey folks,

I just got back yesterday from a 6 days trip on my trusty old blue mule! Total was just about 4100 kms, or 2500 miles. My wife even came with me on this one...and I have to admit, she travelled like a trooper!! She was up, and ready with her gear on before 7am every morning, and she never whined or complained on the whole trip...lol, actually, she was even able to fall asleep back there during some of the open highway running...lol.

So, we started off doing the whole Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec, here's a few pictures from the road...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh...

At the start...lol, the missus was checking texts while I was taking pics...lol.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh...

And this old girl was at the Calais Motor Inn, in Maine where I stayed on the way home before crossing the border in the morning...

Anybody know what it is??...lol...or what it's supposed to be??...lol.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Great pics man! love the one of your wife at the over look! not of your wife... im referring to the pic... ahhh anyways! they were all cool! glad you had a good time!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stunning pics and country, roads look like an absolute pleasure to ride.

Think the black car looks like it could be a copy of a GTO Ferrari.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stunning pics and country, roads look like an absolute pleasure to ride.

Think the black car looks like it could be a copy of a GTO Ferrari.
Yeah...I'm not familiar with the old Ferrari's at all, but my buddy says it's a replica of a 1962 Ferrari GTO..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Been awhile since I've been up to the high peaks area. Thanks for the pics and memories.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've been saying I was going to do the Gaspé for a few years now, those pictures make me wonder if I can squeeze it in this year!

I did NY, VT, NH, Maine a few times on my FZR travelling between Ont and NB. Lots of sweet roads

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry guys,

Hurricane Earl took my power for the past 30 hours or so...lol, no internet...mo fo!!

Hey do you have a map of your route or anything like that?
No, not really, but I can put it together on Google maps pretty quick and post the link for ya if that will do? We were kind flyin' by the seats of our pants...no real planned routes, just riding...lol. I'll map it out for ya tomorrow and post it up. Cheers,

Does your wife have any unmarried sisters?
Muahahahaha. No. And even if she did, you wouldn't want 'em...lol.

Great pictures, great ride!
What kind of rack/bags are you using?
The rack and bag are both Ventura Luggage system:

http://www.ventura-mca.com/system/about.aspx

I only install the rack for traveling, otherwise I leave it off. There is some frame work that goes inside the tail, that stays. If I travel alone, the luggage bag turns forward and actually sits on the passenger seat. For 2-up riding, you turn it around and face it backwards. It's not the sexiest looking thing, but it does work very well.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Dude the the Mrs. ain't a trooper, she's a SAINT! (I know that back seat ain't for no six day ride anywhere! :eek:)
Great pix though!
Where's Tracy road?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts