RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I finally have some pictures of my ZR-7S with luggage on the computer. I have been saying how good the bike looks with RKA bags (saddlebags and tankbag) on, and here is a picture to prove it. I have more if anyone wants to see them. They are posted on Jarel's site Riders Pictures If you want to find out more about the bags you can look at RKA's Homepage
]

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
wow! that red really beams on an overcast day. thanks for the pic.

have you tried carrying a passenger with the bags? any trouble doing so?

scott

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just don't know what to get - tank bag, gear rack, pannier, top box, ..... Currently I'm using my backpack which I also sewed on snap clips to tie on the pillion seat if I don't wish to carry it on my back.

Was there an overwhelming reason for you to choose what you have opted for?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scottaraujo said:
wow! that red really beams on an overcast day. thanks for the pic.

have you tried carrying a passenger with the bags? any trouble doing so?

scott
Scott,
The 47-liter RKA bags cover the rear foot pegs almost entirely. I have them pushed as far back as they can go with the stock turn signals. With the bags on my wife can only get her heels to the pegs, so I can’t use them with a passenger. RKA offers a kit to relocate the turn signals, so the bags can slide back further, but I don’t want to deal with moving them. RKA offers smaller bags (33 Liters) that may solve the problem, but I wanted the larger bags.

Chris

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
falcon said:
those bags do look nice. low profile. decent size.

how are they mounted exactly? thanks.
Falcon,

The 47-liter RKA bags attach with straps over the seat, and have anchor points that attach to the rear pegs and on the rear fender. They are very simple to put on and are extremely secure compared to other soft bags I have seen. There is a very detailed explanation of the system on RKA’s web page. Here is the link if you want to see it: 47 Liter Bag Attachment

Over the seat is the only way to attach the 47 liter bags, RKA does offer bags that have an under the seat attachment method, but they are only 33 Liters.

Chris

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AP746 said:
I just don't know what to get - tank bag, gear rack, pannier, top box, ..... Currently I'm using my backpack which I also sewed on snap clips to tie on the pillion seat if I don't wish to carry it on my back.

Was there an overwhelming reason for you to choose what you have opted for?
AP
I chose the RKA bags for a two main reasons. The main reason is that they come with sherpa fleece backing instead of that rubber foam stuff on the back. This has proven to be very effective in preventing scratches. I know this because I have had an RKA tankbag for the last two years that I use all of the time, and I have had no scracthes on my tanks, (Even the straps and buckles have fleece behind them) not until they slide down the road anyway:eek: I am also very much into a nice appearance for my bags as I plan to keep them on the majority of the time, and the RKA's look good even when empty. They have ABS plastic inserts that keep them looking square.
I also want to continue to support the company, I bought my tankbag at the location RKA's are produced and the guys there are great.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
Chris

·
Wants to be "Fade"....
2,600 Posts
Nice bags dude............but where's your corbin? I hope your not going to take any kind of trip with that stock seat..are you?:eek:
I just bought a joe rocket expandable tank bag.....59.00 at a suzuki dealer in lex. ky. Man they had all the **** in that store.:laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fade said:
Nice bags dude............but where's your corbin? I hope your not going to take any kind of trip with that stock seat..are you?:eek:
I just bought a joe rocket expandable tank bag.....59.00 at a suzuki dealer in lex. ky. Man they had all the **** in that store.:laugh: :laugh:
I did a 1200 mile round trip from Sacramento, CA to Las Vegas, NV on the stock seat and I didn't want to sit on the bike for almost a week. I want to get a Corbin, maybe by this summer I can get the money. I want to go to Holister (I think that is where they are at) and see if they can custom fit it for me. I don't want to sit any closer to the ground, but I really want a firmer seat. $59 for a tankbag, sounds like you got a good deal.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I found a RJay topbox selleing for only Aus$145. It has a stop light lens without electrical wire or bulb, but there's plastic moulding for one. It also has a backrest. All I need now is a Ventura sport rack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts