RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday am, I'm riding on a very dark county road headed for work in Folsom, when I come upon a long line of vehicles stopped. One man comes walking past saying, "It's going to be a while". I turn the bike around and head back into Ione, CA to take an alternate route to Folsom. Later, I hear and read there was a fatal head-on out there. Today I read a 20 year-old on a "GSX600" traveling 35-45 mph (speed limit 55) crossed the double yellow and hit a vehicle.

Why? Who knows?

Jack

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sad :(

It could have been a number of things. He may have been a noob and just wasn't ready for a curve in the road (may have been tighter than he thought), he may have been distracted by something, may have slid on something in the road ... :(

·
Registered
136 Posts
It is so sad to hear things like this. I am sure it was a terrible loss for that family. this is just one more reason to ride safe and alert at all times everyone. We don't want anything like this to happen around here on the forum. ride safe everyone.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I hate to hear about someone getting hurt or killed on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
RIP, Gixxer rider. :(

While not passing judgment, I will say I'm a huge believer in rider training and proper gear. Maybe he had one, both or none. Who knows. But it just makes sense to me to be as prepared as possible.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In talking with a friend who also knows that road, it was concluded he was either distracted or blinded. I've noticed the past few years it seems some drivers never turn off their fog lights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
RIP.

I've crossed the center line once. Total noob error. I was going quite slow, in fact, holding up traffic probably, tried to lean into the right turn and my newbie tilt-o-meter said 'woah, the bike's going to tip over' yet it could've been leaned way more. Next thing I know I'm running wide going towards the center line. My front tire crossed the double yellow (thankfully no traffic), I stood the bike up and turned back into my lane. Scary! and an experience I'll never forget. After talking to a few experienced riders they all said 'leaaaan!!! don't stand the bike up'. :2far:

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
In talking with a friend who also knows that road, it was concluded he was either distracted or blinded. I've noticed the past few years it seems some drivers never turn off their fog lights.
Not sure about the Fog Light comment. Fog lights are designed to ride low on the vehicle to light up the road ahead without lighting up the fog. I don't see how they would distract or blind an oncoming rider / driver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts