RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

Just thought I would share a ride report with you from the other day with my Wife on her 250R.

This actually ended up being a 300km round trip from home in Somerset Tasmania through to Christmas Hills, near Deloraine, and back to home. We were riding for around 7 hrs and it was my longest ride so far on the 650R.

Heres a map of our travels, sorry but I suck trying to make an interactive map for everyone, so this will have to do!!

Our main focus of the trip was to go to the Raspberry farm that is a major tourist attraction

Here's our native Turbo Chooks, also known as the Tasmanian Native hen.

These things can move bloody fast!!! They scare the **** out of you when they bolt from the scrub along the side of the road and just kamikaze you!!

Some more pics of the farm.

Our meals, The wife had a lamp wrap, and I had the Pancakes with Bacon, cheese, raspberries, banana and special raspberry jam!

Back to the farm!

It was a great day for riding, and we took it pretty easy as we had never done these roads before. This was our first major ride for the season, so if it stays like this, then we are in for a great summer!!

We lost each other twice, even with our intercoms!! The wife took a wrong intersection when we got separated by traffic and our coms dropped out, so I back tracked thinking the worst, but she just took a different route, and I eventually caught up with her. Then we also got separated again by traffic and I desparately needed fuel before we got home, so I pulled into the station and she just cruised on by!!

Then I got home and..........F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn kick stand failed to lock in place and the bike went down.......F*ck!!!!!!

Damn the stock bars are made from light weight sh*t!!! I bent the sucker lifting the bike like butter!

A mate of mine was able to bend it back into place by using extra strength(read - extra Body weight!!) but you can see where the bar bent from the cracked and peeling paint. Good thing I am ordering the sports bars soon!

He was able to bend them back into place very easily, but it still hurts to know my baby has been damaged now

Hope you enjoy the pics, sorry, but apart from the damage, I forgot to take any photos of the bikes!!

Let me know what you think!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
10 views and no comments?? WTF??......Oh I get it!!
"Where the F*ck is Tasmania??"

Here's a hint!!

:killingme:spit::ithank:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Where's the kangaroos?

Crappy luck with dropping the bike. I've replaced my handlebars twice now due to drops. Surprised you didn't snap a mirror off as well as those are also usual casualties in my experience.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you get there?!? I know the 650 is light, did you float across?
The bikes not that light, thats why the bars bent!!

Yep, way down under, and as one our former Prime Ministers has been quoted saying, "The arse end of the world!!"
Still a beautiful place!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, it's that we've all seen this same, exact thread on another forum!
Hahaha!!!! Ok, you got me there!!:buttkick:

So did you respond to the other one??:blah:

Edit: Ok, you did so thats alright!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for posting and sharing the ride with us. Its always interesting to get a glimpse at riding in other parts of the world.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Diablo, I will keep this thread going as a Tasmanian tourist information spot for everyone, and try to take shots on every ride to a new location!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update, Hellyer Gorge ride

Guys, just came back from an overnighter in to Hellyer Gorge, about 30kms from home. This was our first camping trip on the bikes, so this was a tester for everything and to see what we needed to modify and change. My mate Indie came along with his wife on his Suzuki V-Strom 650.

Getting ready to go, I had about 24-26kgs sitting high on the back

The Dragon without it's 7kg pack added

I arrived at the spot with just enough time to take this shot

Getting set up

We needed some wood, so Indie and I became hunter/gatherers!

Indie Always has to go bigger!!

The Ventura rack holds up quite well for this unusual task!

Before Indie and I went for a burn up the Gorge, he took some action shots!

Yes, he is laying on the ground taking the shots!!

Some scenic shots and some pics of the critters that were hanging around......no not the ladies!!

Oh Sh*t!! Busted!!!

"Here you go lil fella!!!"

Nom nom nom!!!

Will you please get that Effin light out of my eyes!!!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. What the heck is that animal eating in the garbage can tasmanian devil?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hahaha!!! Sorry, Diablo, I should have said he was a Brush-Tail Possum!! There was actually 3 of them around the camp site. We also saw some Wallabies, but they were too far a away for a decent shot. I was only using my compact camera, and Indie was using something similar, not his usual DSLR camera.

BTW, if that was a Tassie Devil, we would not have been taking those shots so close!! They are extremely unfriendly and aggressive, and supposedly have the stongest jaws on the planet! There is no way we would have been within 3 feet of one!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hahaha!!!
BTW, if that was a Tassie Devil, we would not have been taking those shots so close!! They are extremely unfriendly and aggressive, and supposedly have the stongest jaws on the planet! There is no way we would have been within 3 feet of one!!!
HaHa The only Tasmanian Devil I know of was on a cartoon when I was a kid. I think it liked to eat rabbit.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Great post, were you eyeballing that snag thinking you could cut it up for firewood no doubt, that one bird looked like it was wearing a blue hood.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you talking about the log caught on the bridge in the river? If so, you can go get that one yourself!!!!

That water was bloody cold as we are just coming out of our winter here. We froze all night as our air mattresses felt like blocks of ice. we have since found that we needed an insulating layer between our sleeping bags and the mattress. Thats our main lesson learnt from this trip.

The bird is called a blue wren, and along with the Robin red breast bird, they are always around during spring, they look great!:bud:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts