RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this is the best section for this, but, there are certain things I see other riders do sometimes that I can't stand. Just bad form... a big one being the guys that ride with there heals on the pegs, toes hanging off the front. Not only does it look retarded but it puts the riders foot at major risk for damage in a curve. I guess what got me thinking about this were some pics from another forum, couple of guys at the gap. Every picture of this guy going through the corner has his toes hanging off, almost scraping at even slight angles. And the effect on overall body position, awefull! His riding just looked like [email protected] Not that I'm the best but I really find this habit irritating. Putting the ball of your foot on the peg and using pressure in the corners= more control, and proper form. I also hate when I see guys going through the corners with their elbows too low and "hunched up". Well enough of my rant though :flamethro. All I got to say is.... get them toes off the ground :righton:

·
Registered
861 Posts
people that want to ride right next to me in the same lane.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
That doesn't really happen with me. I find most people will maintain "proper staggering" and blocking position (but even that kinda bugs me if I don't know the person... back off if I don't know you) but what bugs me is when other motorcyclists pass me in my lane. It only bugs me because I don't know when/if they're going to do it and I like to have my space to weave around obstacles.

·
Registered
462 Posts
... but what bugs me is when other motorcyclists pass me in my lane. It only bugs me because I don't know when/if they're going to do it and I like to have my space to weave around obstacles.
That chaps me, too. It is dangerous.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What? I didn't know other "unknown" riders came up to riders on the road, thats just wierd, I would definitely not like that at all, I would probably speed up or slam on my brakes, like unleet stated above i like my space, don't come into my bubble if I dont know you, it will burst.
On that note things that drive me nuts is persons that dont wave back to me when I wave, like they're something better than me, pffftt whatever!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I agree with a lot so far, but two of my biggest riding habits that irritate me is when riding in a group and people don't ride staggard to give each rider his or her own space. I also hate sport bike riders that ride with straight arms, they just look like they're resting on their handle bars.

·
Registered
631 Posts
People that follow too close on the same line.

We're not at the track, stay to one side or the other... or just get it over with and pass me.

I'm not racing you at a stoplight, so revving your engine at me will earn you a first hand view of my middle digit.

Don't wave at me when we're going in opposite directions and both of us are committed to a deep lean angle. I mean, WTF? Showing off to a complete stranger that you can take one hand off the bars while almost dragging your knee?

Monkeys are smarter.

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Well...

I don't mind another (strange) motorcyclist tagging along with me.... AS LONG AS they keep a stagger and enough distance as to not crowd me.

Hey, if we get to the red light, come on up along side and lets chat.... That's fine. But, when we are moving.... Give me MY SPACE!

And I still giggle at the folks that ride in shorts and flip flops.... :killingme

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'm not racing you at a stoplight, so revving your engine at me will earn you a first hand view of my middle digit.

Monkeys are smarter.
This.

Funny stuff there, but VERY TRUE! :alcy:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Don't know if this is the best section for this, but, there are certain things I see other riders do sometimes that I can't stand. Just bad form... a big one being the guys that ride with there heals on the pegs, toes hanging off the front. Not only does it look retarded but it puts the riders foot at major risk for damage in a curve.:righton:
I ride with my heels or arch's on the pegs every so often mainly because I am tall and it takes some stress off my knee's. I also have size 12 or 13 feet so I know it looks goofy but oh well. Snagging my foot on something has corssed my mind but I don't see it happening. I see what you are saying though, whenever I ride with my brother he rides like that most of the time and I always think it looks goofy.

Yea this pisses me off, ****ing gayy as hell! (South Park reference) I dont have mirrors and the other day this guy on an old POS GSXR pulled right up behind me so his front axil was about lined up with my rear axil. I shoulder checked to change lanes and was like Whoa! I know I should have mirrors but that stuff just aint cool.

And I still giggle at the folks that ride in shorts and flip flops.... :killingme
I wear shorts every once in a while but cant imagine wearing flip flops. I have a buddy who wears flip flops on his MC sometimes and I am just baffled. The thought of stubbing your toe on something at 50 mph makes me cring.

Overall I try not to get irrated with other riders/drivers. There is too much other crap going on in the world that pisses me off, don't need to be stressed riding too.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
The thing that makes me shake my head is sport bike riders that leave their feet down and back after they start off from a stop until they get to about 20mph. Do they think this looks cool? Do they have any idea how stupid and lame it makes them look?

That and the other stuf mentioned here and people that stunt on the street.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The thing that makes me shake my head is sport bike riders that leave their feet down and back after they start off from a stop until they get to about 20mph. Do they think this looks cool? Do they have any idea how stupid and lame it makes them look?
I've seen cruiser riders that do this too. I think it's just a bad habit some people develop for balance and it makes you feel like you're ready to put your foot down to stabalize you if you start having balance issues. I also think it always looks silly to see someone trailing their legs as they go but I've never bothered to ask someone about it that I've seen do it. Mostly because I'm a pretty new rider and am not that great so I don't want to start critisizing other riders' techniques.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I will trail my legs behind sometimes if I have been riding all day... My knees get cramped up and it feels good to stretch them out. I know it looks stupid and I catch some of the looks from cagers as I pass, but who cares? I get the same looks when I stand up on the pegs while riding and stretch a bit as well...

But the thing that drives me nuts are idiots who want to wheelie while riding in a group. Even if they pull out of formation and into the other lane, if they go down they risk taking out several other riders who are doing what they are supposed to. Thankfully, we have weeded out most of the guys who let testosterone rule their actions... BTW, I'm not against the occasional hooliganism, but they have their time and place!

·
Registered
666 Posts
People that follow too close on the same line.
It seems like there are days when everyone tries to race you-whether from a light or on the interstate, in their POS (insert car/truck/van/SUV/motorcycle here). It's compounded when they take risks in traffic to impress or incite a response. "Douche chill......"(Arrrested Development quote-The BEST TV show of all time)

I don't mind strangers riding with me as long as they give me some space, sometimes there is safety in numbers.

·
Registered
462 Posts
It seems like there are days when everyone tries to race you-whether from a light or on the interstate, in their POS (insert car/truck/van/SUV/motorcycle here). It's compounded when they take risks in traffic to impress or incite a response.
Good point ... besides the greater danger, there are extra and pretty severe penalties beyond speeding for engaging in "contests of speed" .. at least there are here in NC.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It seems like there are days when everyone tries to race you-whether from a light or on the interstate, in their POS (insert car/truck/van/SUV/motorcycle here). It's compounded when they take risks in traffic to impress or incite a response. "Douche chill......"(Arrrested Development quote-The BEST TV show of all time)

I don't mind strangers riding with me as long as they give me some space, sometimes there is safety in numbers.

I agree, you hardly ever see 2-3 motorcyclists get ran over at a stoplight. Anytime I stop I try to pull up next to the car in front of me if they are first (not exactly legal in florida, but it beats getting rear-ended), or if there is another motorcyclist in the lane i'll pull up next to them and we'll chat while we're sitting at the light.

What drives me crazy is when you see people with their helmets on their holders while riding. It's not a freaking frame-slider. I've also seen people around here put their arm through their helmet's face up to their elbow when its hot! That's going to sting a little if you fall. Put it on your head, where it belongs.:darth:

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I hate seeing cruiser riders who ride with their feet on their highway pegs in traffic, especially on city streets. They're unbalanced and unprepared to use their foot controls. :2far:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts