RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't very often ride three consecutive days, but monday, yesterday, and today i have. good roads, good weather (no jacket required), a mix of slab, stix, and city, and a great bike. 465 miles in all; pretty good for me.

my new rf1100 is noisier than i'd hoped, but i'm gonna live.

·
Banned
679 Posts
What is a RF1100, photos, or you really dont have it. What happened to the ninja?
That would be his new helmet...being that it's a Shoei he had to sell the ninja to afford it. Judging by the fact that he was without a jacket, I assume he was riding a bicycle to test it out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That would be his new helmet...being that it's a Shoei he had to sell the ninja to afford it. Judging by the fact that he was without a jacket, I assume he's just walking around town with his shiney new helmet on.

hahaha so true. Definitely more pricey than most of us would like!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you guys are a laff-a-minit! LOLOLOLOLOL.

seriously: hey, this forum is for which motorcycle? ninja 650. i have an 09.
rf1100 - shoei helmet, thank you very much.

i am not an ATGATT rider. we've been over that ground before.

:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

·
Banned
679 Posts

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Hey Steve. Most folks who wear that helmet appreciate the air flow, but not the noise. Those who want to save their hearing wear ear plugs.

Have you sold the cruiser yet? When was the last time you rode it?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Steve. Most folks who wear that helmet appreciate the air flow, but not the noise. Those who want to save their hearing wear ear plugs.

Have you sold the cruiser yet? When was the last time you rode it?
yep, i just may invest in some earplugs.

cruiser? i rode it around the block a couple of weeks ago. it still needs a new front tire; i have the tire, but haven't had time to get to the shop (indie) to have it mounted. and i'm waffling about parting with it.....argh.

for some odd reason i feel like my motorcycle life will be deprived if i don't own a harley. i like the fatboy, the deluxe, the fatbob, and the street bob. i'd probably buy a used one, but then i compare prices with the metrics - and gulp.

and i'm thinking about trading the ninja for a versys.

decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
586 Posts

im with you... i accept a little more risk for the comfort of not riding with a jacket

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
yep, i just may invest in some earplugs.

cruiser? i rode it around the block a couple of weeks ago. it still needs a new front tire; i have the tire, but haven't had time to get to the shop (indie) to have it mounted. and i'm waffling about parting with it.....argh.

for some odd reason i feel like my motorcycle life will be deprived if i don't own a harley. i like the fatboy, the deluxe, the fatbob, and the street bob. i'd probably buy a used one, but then i compare prices with the metrics - and gulp.

and i'm thinking about trading the ninja for a versys.

decisions, decisions.
I've always liked the softtail custom. I'll probably end up with a Raider though.

When it comes time to part with the Ninja and KLR, I will probably replace both with the Versys. Body can't handle the mud anymore.

·
Registered
293 Posts

Since you modified/removed sig photo, thought maybe you scored a new ride.

Sorry not up to speed on ride gear / helmets that you must mortgage. I ride with the best safety flip flops money can buy, but go cheap on the sun glasses! If I fall there gonna get scratched.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since you modified/removed sig photo, thought maybe you scored a new ride.

Sorry not up to speed on ride gear / helmets that you must mortgage. I ride with the best safety flip flops money can buy, but go cheap on the sun glasses! If I fall there gonna get scratched.
emilyinsandiego sold her ninja 250 and got married today, matter of fact.

i'm gonna put up a pic of both bikes later.

well, yeah, you pay to play, no doubt about it.

we've all gone round'n'round on ATGATT. mho: to each his own, as well as what you ride.

·
Banned
679 Posts
emilyinsandiego sold her ninja 250 and got married today, matter of fact.

i'm gonna put up a pic of both bikes later.

well, yeah, you pay to play, no doubt about it.

we've all gone round'n'round on ATGATT. mho: to each his own, as well as what you ride.
Gratz on the daughter...and don't get me wrong, I don't look down on any of you for choosing not to wear gear; I just like to poke fun. Personally, knowing how I ride it's best that I always go out in full gear. Not to mention because my father owns 33% of my motorcycle, I had to sign a contract before hand stating that I had to wear all gear at all times.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and don't get me wrong, I don't look down on any of you for choosing not to wear gear; I just like to poke fun.
heck, i figure it's in fun unless the language becomes offensive, but i want to explain my perspective, nevertheless. and, i do belong to the "those who've fallen" category; minor scrape on the bike (1500 suzuki LC, back in 03) and, thank God, only a deflated ego on my part - LOL.

after the post-wedding brunch i was gonna go for a cruise; i even started up the bike and got my helmet and gloves ready to go. after taking a restroom break, i decided i was a little too weary to be 101% alert, so i've been fooling around on the PC instead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts