RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a communication kit into my SHOEI RF-1000. Im looking to be able to have bluetooth so I can receive calls on my cell, as well as listen to music from my phone. And maybe a walkie talkie ability to talk to other riders with a simlar system. What models and makes are good for what I'm trying to do. Any feedback would be great. Thank you. -Dan

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I really like the SENA headsets. All day on a charge plus you can ride while charging if you need to. Good sound. I stream MP3s from my GPS and have ridden with a bud who has a set. He is sometimes "working" while we are riding so he will even talk on the cell phone through the SENA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same question,so many brands out there just don't want to waste money on junk. I would be glad to pay extra if it works as advertised. I would think a set that fits well,has great noise reduction,good volume,and good connectability would be best. Sounds like the Sena is brand of choice so far...have to check them out...

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have the Scala Rider Q4 headset. Totally bluetooth. I can talk to my girlfriend on the bike OR my dad on his bike. I can also link up to my phone and take calls. I highly recommend it. I want to sell mine and buy the newer Scalarider as it has group chat, so I can talk to my Father and our riding buddy and my girlfriend all at the same time.

Lou

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
The latest SENA has group chat. High quality product from a company that has a lot of experience. The newest version will let you download firmware updates as well. Plus you can buy your choice of microphones and spare speaker kits if you use more than one helmet.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
I bought the earbud adapter for the Sena, love it. Also have the newer version, so I can keep the firmware updated. Haven't tried the group chat, as just Karla and I have them, but it's supposed to be easy as pie.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My husband & I have the Chatterbox XBi2 sets. Bluetooth to cellphones or mp3 and up to 3 units can communicate. Now looking at Chatterboxes new product the X1 Slim... extended range up to 5 miles and communicates with unlimited users. It's half the size and weight of the other units and communicates with the X1 slim, the X1 , the X1BT, and the X2. We love our chatterboxes and would recommend them to anyone.:righton:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Okay I just received my Sena today so I'll give my review on it.

Easy and fast install, easy to connect to my iPhone, easy to set up rider-to-rider communication.
The sound is amazing. Minimal-no wind noise and it always comes out clear. (My friend and I both use full-faced helmets).
It works well with iPhone apps such as Spotify and Pandora for music. I can even pause, fast-foward, and rewind my Spotify songs. (I was worried about it since some things such as Siri does not work with Spotify.)

The bad. I wish there was an extra button that you can set macro's to or something. I would like to be able to push a button on my headset to activate Siri. However, with an iPhone mount it's not difficult to hold the button down on the phone. I also found out (unless there is something I am not doing right then please tell me) you can't listen to music at the SAME time while on the rider-to-rider communication channel. You have to be on one or the other. I would like to have music playing but be able to talk if needed. The good part about it is if you're connected with someone else and need to say something just one of you needs to push the button on the Sena device and it automatically changes both devices. So you can listen to music and if you need to say something all it takes is one button.

Also, I haven't tried it yet, but I've read through the manual. And apparently you can connect to UP to 3 other devices. That would make 4 total. Only my buddy and I have one so we can't really test it. However, if someone is in the Austin area and has them we can totally meet up and test it!

There's my review. I got it this morning and rode around with it all day messing with it. So far, so good. We ordered the pair off Amazon for $298. It was a demo device so a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the Blinc M1 bluetooth communication kit from a guy on ebay who also runs the site dakotamoto.com. So far, installation was fairly simple even tho my helmet only has the removable cheekpads, from what I gather some have fully removable liners?? Or I could be mistaken... Anyways, I've only used it for my main reason in the first place which is music, synced to my iphone, it works really well, loud and clear, just have to remember to turn off my lid after my ride now... I can report back on how well the phone function works, but its going to be a couple weeks, after taking my bike to work a few days ago in 65 mph winds ripping through the Coachella Valley, I'm waiting till April hopefully the wind dies down... That was the only time I've felt unsafe on my bike... Getting pushed around left and right, I thought I was gonna crash... :doh

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far as music and talking, the Sena has a voice activate feature. No one around me has a Sena so I can't test it, but that might allow what you're looking for. Just have to watch out for singing along with the music. :p

·
Registered
74 Posts
As far as music and talking, the Sena has a voice activate feature. No one around me has a Sena so I can't test it, but that might allow what you're looking for. Just have to watch out for singing along with the music. :p
Yea the singing along gets weird stares fine people when my head is bobbin up and down. Ad since I have a mouthpiece on my helmet no one can see me actually singing...

Where do you live at Lazydragon?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts