41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am on my way home after a great week and a half of riding. As always, Rob planned some great rides for the two days I joined him and Bill. Bill complained about being slow but often rode right up my butt. ;). I am really looking forward to the next ROTR for more great rides and hopefully to see the whole crew.

·
Registered
24 Posts
...and finally, sunset drinks & dinner at Canyons restaurant on the last night and Rob expresses his U of Texas pride with orange & white farkle.
sunset at Canyons.jpg Canyons view 2.jpg Texas pride.jpg

·
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Nice pics guys!! Looks like you all had a great time!

Yeah, I've got some time to decide on the bike. Since most of my riding in in Florida/South Georgia, I'm only considering bikes that are in the sport touring or touring category. I'll probably try to get down to Biketoberfest to try them all on for size and see how many demos I can get in. I kind of know what type of bike I want in my head, but who knows after riding a bunch I might find something totally off the wall that I buy. Right now from my research the new BMW R1200RT has caught my eye, it looks on paper to be the best of what I want. My concern is that they went through a major recall this year on the rear suspension (not a good part to fail). Anyways I'll keep my eye on them and see how the 2015's shake out.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts