RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do we have a head count? Who's gonna make it? I plan on arriving late in the day on Thursday, wherever we stay.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I will get there Wednesday afternoon and leave Sunday.

It sounded like Bill was going to make it. Hopefully he can. Does anyone know if the Craigs are in? They never miss a ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yup, I'm still planning to go; however, looks like the Craigs are going to "miss a ride". I spoke to Craig (Sr) and he already had other plans but I don't know the status of Jr. I have a buddy that wanted to do a mountain ride this year so I may invite him to join us, he rides a Speed Triple R also, but I might have waited to late to suit his schedule. As for the lodging...I prefer not to have to bring a tent or my own bed sheets; packing real estate comes at a premium on the Speed Triple.

·
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, my plans might be up in the air now. I got the word at work that I may need to be on a flight down to Brazil that week. Will keep you guys posted....

·
Registered
495 Posts
Brazil? Its not Carnival time.

I made a few quick calls to some hotels in Boone. Of course the first two nights are cheaper than the last two. The AAA rate for four nights is $509 at Fairfield, $438 at Best Western and $422 at Baymont. Anyone want to split a room?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone want to split a room?
I'm up for splitting a room. I'm also planning for Wed-Sun (pending weather). My friend John is interested in the ride also but he is in the process of buying a house & the only thing pending is the closing date so he won't know if he can go until that is finalized.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sounds good Bill. I am going to leave early this Saturday and I will be riding in NC and TN all week. I plan to get into Boone Wed. evening also. We are still waiting to hear back from Stan and if he cant make it I dont know if Jenner will come. I guess we have decided on Fairfield Inn so I will see if I can reserve a room without leaving a credit card until we are sure about everything.

I have PM'd you my cell number and you can send me yours.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just made a reservation at the Best Western for the four nights 9/24 thru 9/27. I called Fairfield Inn and the only rooms they have left are King Beds with spas which was about $700 for the four nights. Best Western still has rooms available but ask for the managers special and get the four nights for $438 including tax. If anyone knows a better place to stay let me know as I have to cancel the room by 9/21/14.

Stan, do you know if you will be able to make it? Will Jenner still try to make it if you cant come?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am still planning to get there Thursday eve. Unless I hear otherwise I will head to the Best Western. Please keep me posted.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Glad to hear you are still going to make it Michael. Are you riding the BMW? Bill and I will be arriving Wed. evening and Bill has a friend that might come along also. I have a friend that lives in Hendersonville and he may ride with us on Saturday. We are still waiting to hear if Stan and Jenner will make it. Thats about it as far as I know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will be riding the bmw this time in spite of the very limited carrying capacity. I am really looking forward to the ride especially since I missed the ride in the Spring. Should be a lot of fun in spite of the limited turn out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
An S1000R! Let me apologize ahead of time for making you guys have to stop to wait up for me. I couldn't keep up with Michael when he was on the Explorer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Waiting is not a problem. As long as we all get home in one piece it is all good. Of course, I think you exagerate the waiting thing :)

·
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So how was the riding guys? Sorry I wasn't able to check-in here, last week was crazy for me. Hope you guys had a blast, can't wait to see some pictures.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The riding was awesome! Rob led us to a bunch of great roads loaded with wicked curves. We were riding so much, I only had enough time to snap just a couple of pix. I still need to download them to post.

·
Registered
495 Posts
All (3) of us had a great time riding some great roads. The Diamondback was just repaved this summer so it was especially nice. Michael had such a good time he stayed up there this week. There was no rain except a couple mornings were foggy and wet so we did not get started until about 10am. We did about 600 miles for the three days and I did a total of 2,040 in eight days. Bill took most of the pics and I am sure he has some good ones. Only 8 more months to go until ROTR 14.

·
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
All (3) of us had a great time riding some great roads. The Diamondback was just repaved this summer so it was especially nice. Michael had such a good time he stayed up there this week. There was no rain except a couple mornings were foggy and wet so we did not get started until about 10am. We did about 600 miles for the three days and I did a total of 2,040 in eight days. Bill took most of the pics and I am sure he has some good ones. Only 8 more months to go until ROTR 14.
That sounds amazing, looks like I missed a really good time!!! I rescheduled my bike rental for late October, the weekend of October 31, probably going to be freezing, but at least I'll get my fix in. Oh, and in other news I MIGHT have a new bike in the stable ready for ROTR 14!! I was able to convince Cathy that I need to get one :righton: I just have to wait until after tax time to get it.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts